More Rebuilt B-Models

dave41855

Found out some new info on the net about Mack supplied kits to rebuilt B models into "R" models! Never knew they existed!!! How many of you ever heard of a Mack BCR Tractor??  Ya, me either! Mack supplied kits to people so they could update their old B model and make it look like a "new" R model. I have no idea how many were ever built or converted but I'd LOVE to see a real one!

Dave in Vermont

Mack BCR Tractor-2.jpg

Mack BCR Tractor-1.jpg

• Like 1

So you just need to ask Al (57 BCR) which show he's going to bring his truck the nearest time and get yourself there :)

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

2 hours ago, Vladislav said:

So you just need to ask Al (57 BCR) which show he's going to bring his truck the nearest time and get yourself there :)

Ya dun read my mind!!!!!!!!   I just MAY have found another one right cheer in VT no less than 10 miles from me!! Heard about an ole boy here who is supposed to have one stored in his barn under a tarp. IF that is true, and IF he would sell it, I just might have one of my own! This ole boy had several throughout his trucking years with oil tanks on their backs as he delivered home heating oil around this area. It would NOT surprise me at all if he indeed DID have his last truck. I mean what the heck, The Zibarski Brothers who started St. Johnsbury Trucking stored their first truck for YEARS until family found it and restored it back to original. Pretty sure it's an old L-series Mack with a box body on it. Used only for parades here now. I'll find a photo I have and post it.

Dave

• Like 2