Hudson-Mohawk Chapter Show

Well I have to add to Beatngu's post.  This was loaded on that very nice red LJ with the big chrome bumper.  Its an 841 Ford with an Elanco driving front axle. Hate to admit it, but 50+ years ago I was working my way through school working for a contractor and we had such a Ford-with a 14' backhoe.  Back then about the only 4 wd loader backhoes were big buck DynaHoes. But this little Ford was a working machine. Also had a set of brush forks-no such thing as grapples then- as well as a York rake.  The backhoe took about 5 minutes to swap out.  Only issue with the front axle was I believe there was a shear pin that would fail-not too sure about that.

In any case, like the LJ, this tractor is mint-unfortunately didn't get the owners name but he should be very proud of the Mack and the Ford!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Red Horse said:

Well I have to add to Beatngu's post.  This was loaded on that very nice red LJ with the big chrome bumper.  Its an 841 Ford with an Elanco driving front axle. Hate to admit it, but 50+ years ago I was working my way through school working for a contractor and we had such a Ford-with a 14' backhoe.  Back then about the only 4 wd loader backhoes were big buck DynaHoes. But this little Ford was a working machine. Also had a set of brush forks-no such thing as grapples then- as well as a York rake.  The backhoe took about 5 minutes to swap out.  Only issue with the front axle was I believe there was a shear pin that would fail-not too sure about that.

In any case, like the LJ, this tractor is mint-unfortunately didn't get the owners name but he should be very proud of the Mack and the Ford!

Augggh you cant talk about a machine as rare as hens teeth and not show a picture, was it a 7000 series ford?

9 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

thanks! WOW I have never seen one that vintage with mfd. looks like a military front axle from a power wagon or such. does any one have any more info? was this a living proto type or a factory option or area dealer mod.???

Elenco was an aftermarket axle-not sure if it was a Ford factory option.  Company was sold to an individual who was rebuilding them.  Try Yesterdaystractors.com  The 841 at the show did not have a shuttle stick but the one I ran did-mounted on left side of cowl.  Not a "power shift"-this was an old school gear tractor so you had to be stopped to change direction but it was still quicker than shifting the tractor trans into reverse.

• Like 2

both Goodyear diamond tread steers and diamond side traction tires seem to be appearing, surely there cant be this huge storage container with all old nos tires in it that aren't dry rotted?????  for driving I prefer tubeless radials cause you can get one anywhere but for astetics there is nothing like the look of a sidewall of a tube type bias ply

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg