Frame finally gets new paint

3 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

Got things wet sanded today I was going to just buff it all out until I looked in the paint cabinet and found two unopened gallons of clearcoat and an unopened can of clearcoat hardner from a 37 chevy project a few years ago. I did the straps and tank I think they came out good enough I'm not going to wet sand and buff the clearcoat out its pretty clean for doing it in the driveway by the shop the pits in the aluminum where the strap goes can easily be seen in the first picture because of the glossy surface.

PTDC0013.JPG

PTDC0017.JPG

PTDC0015.JPG

Love it, keep up the great work!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hatcity said:

can ya spare two minutes and some black for that air tank?

Looks fantastic!!!

All the air tanks are rusted through I had to weld up patches on them to hold air they will be replaced next year with polished stainless tanks.

• Like 2

Not much of success with a wire welder for aluminium.

Better to go for TIG.

On the other hand (and on my mind) battery covers would turn out better of SS diamond plate. You can either weld them with your wire welder using SS wire.

And that's what I'm going to do myself.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On November 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM, ranchhopper said:

Next project is to get a small wire welder and set it for just welding aluminum I'm going to make some diamond plate battery boxes I can make some extras and sell them to where I work to help pay for the welder.

I had a set made at my work they turned out nice except I had to grind the diamond bumps to get the mount to bolt flat to the front of the cover.