Cool find!  It boggles my mind that a truck with 51k miles could be put out to pasture like that.  Even if something broke at some point, how does one afford to buy an expensive truck like that and just let it sit all those years?  Do you know the back story?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2016 at 9:15 AM, thomastractorsvc said:

Great find.

Why all the work needed on a 51K truck?  Did you take the dash out? Missing the mirrors too?

RATS, Rats took over the inside and it smells terrible. Plus they chewed the original wire harness right out of the cab.

Thanks, Josh

On 9/17/2016 at 2:06 PM, Brian Blaylock said:

What kind of winch is on this trick

It's a Braden. That's going back to my buddy that I bought it from.

On 9/18/2016 at 10:42 PM, sodly said:

Cool find!  It boggles my mind that a truck with 51k miles could be put out to pasture like that.  Even if something broke at some point, how does one afford to buy an expensive truck like that and just let it sit all those years?  Do you know the back story?

My buddy bought it off the second owner who never did anything with it. She sat for a long time.

DAMN RATS!....... pack rats ruin more stuff in my area than wild fire! ....feel for you, takes for ever to get that damn urine smell out not to mention they will  chew on every thing. be sure to check the battery cross over cables! would hate to see that thing burn up after you put a bunch of work and $ into it!    

4 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

RATS, Rats took over the inside and it smells terrible. Plus they chewed the original wire harness right out of the cab.

Thanks, Josh

Try spraying a mixture of Creolin and water anywhere you suspect the smell is coming from... does a great job on eliminating that awful smell.

https://www.amazon.com/OAKHURST-COMPANY-Creolin-Deodorant-Clean/dp/B000HHLQZY

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Wow!!!

That is a pile of work on that Superdog. I have seen some of your work and it is outstanding, "the force is strong in you". I have scraped trucks in better shape than it. What is the reason to bring this one back from the grave with an aluminum frame to boot? Are you going to use the frame as a working triaxel dump? Just hate to see all that work and bust a frame. I am sure it will be incredible when completed but why? Dan Thomas had the brother to it, maybe still does, E9, same color and aluminum frame for sale, real nice shape, it was at ATHS 2016.  

I have done some of the same things and if ask nicely have a good reason for everything.  Started with bare rails on one restoration. I am reframing my Super II single frame with a longer double steel frame this winter as well. Just asking nicely.  

• Like 1

Price is alway important to start with. If you count the work hours put in though it is way cheaper to get something better to begin with I have done it both ways. Doing your own work you get what you want and it is alway done your way. The older I get the worth of time just keeps going up. People around here think it is crazy to have a few old truck to begin with, and I still do all work except paint.  

I lived in OH and PA for most of my life and know what you mean about the condition of these old trucks. I sort of forgot that being out in AZ now. Most all west of Colorado trucks don't have rust problems and you see more aluminum frames and not all twisted up. I got the long double frame out of Denver for the Super for $900, cost $600 to get it to Phoenix, nice,straight, never rusted, with 20k and Mack airride, two days later it would have been cut up.

Next summer the shorter frame from my Super II will be out of the truck, 235WB if you want it it yours for free. Will have Henderson airride with it, no rears, rust free and straight. Thanks for the reply.  :thumb:

2 hours ago, Yoos Brothers Construction said:

Yes it is going to be a working triaxle dump. The price was right and I wanted a Superliner with a 12 speed and a V8. I looked at few dumps with aluminum rails and they actually seemed to hold up pretty good and there light wieghts were very low. I already have excepted the fact that eventually I will have to change the frame to new steel rails but until then I'm going to use these ones up. The rails are actually in very good shape on this truck. Also the work I'll be doing with it won't be hard on the truck at all. I'm doing the the way I want it I guess. All the triaxles  around here I looked at were too high priced and/or had bad frames and beat to hell. 

Thanks Josh:MackLogo:

Our milk hauler pulled in today with a new (to him) 2012 Mack triaxle.... the rails on my '80 Superliner Wa-a--aa-aa--a-y cleaner. 

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.