Our little MB

70mackMB

• 2 weeks later...

Two awesome "horses" I've never driven an MB, but I lived  2 miles from Overnites Washington county Pa  terminal,is that a compound? I noticed 2 sticks in some of their tractors. I drove an F model on a Margate Florida jobsite with an ancient Rodgers lowboy.Always liked the looks and interior room of an F model! Both tractors look great the way they're painted! I can't picture a MB in anything other than overnite colors. I guess it doesn't matter now that overnite has sold out to UPS,but are there any legalities involved in painting the name of a defunct company on a "replica" tractor?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this is the one I just about bought last fall, 11429 old Overnite line haul, Phelan trailer! Put in a deposit and everything, and then I couldn't get anyone to move it! I'm so glad to see this is being wrenched on and not cut up for parts or doing shunt duty or something! I know where another one of these sits, in southern VA -- been eyeballing it ever since I started working at a place near the limestone plant it's at.

When I looked at it, the previous owner fired it up...noticed it seemed to have a lot of blowby and an oil seep from the rear head. I guess the chipped piston would at least partly explain the blowby. Did you drive it all the way to NH or have it hauled?

I've got a few pictures from when I went and looked at it, if you'd like me to post them.

Edited by glitchwrks