I933 Mack "BG" Pumper For Sale

bulldogboy

There is a 1933 Mack "BG" pumper for sale on E-bay. Previously owned by Dannemora, NY it is now located in Lawton, IA. I tried to post a link but had no luck.

Type in "Mack Fire Trucks", it's on the first page. Looks like a nice winter project for someone.

bulldogboy

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nice truck, but the owner is at least twice as proud of it as he should be IMO. The bell, the seats, and all of the small appliances are missing and it is pretty rusty for a fire truck which means it has been stored outside, the death knell for a fire truck.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Looks like all the running boards need some work.  41chevy and Loadstar, thanks for the photos; I tried to enter all of the ebay letters and numbers but I must have missed something and

I was too lazy to do it all again.

bulldogboy

• Like 1

That unit was for salew on Ebay a few years ago in a yard full of other old trucks. It was a "we are cleaning out Grandpas stuff "kind of deal. It sold for under 8 grand I think.    Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

In the same vein, since I will never get around to doing it I have decided that i need to part with my 1929 Mack Type 19 which is one of 3 ordered by Detroit. I would say it is in better shape than this one, I did have it running at one time before the carb was professionally rebuilt. Radiator is off because the aluminum top tank had rotted out but I have been able to source a steel or cast iron top tank that is correct on all but a few bolt holes. has a 707 flathead 6, chassis tag has the model listed as an APDR. I am very shy on pictures but I will try to get some the next time that i am where it is currently store, under cover on concrete

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at the photos of this BG, I see that the coil is on the cab side of the firewall, since the coil wire goes through a grommet. Ours was zip tied to the firewall on the engine side. I asked for a photo from the owner through E Bay but never received a response. Does anyone on here have an idea as to the proper mounting of the distributor coil?

Edited by TRFD1933