Need some opinions

stuck in a volva myself.........dont like anything about it.....company driver,,,dont have any say over what they buy us....but it does the job..kinda aggravated.my company buys mack,pete,kenworth freightliner, international,,,,and i get stuck in a volvo:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:..bob

I had e6 350, and a e7 400 mechanical, a e7 400 vmac, the 350 would out pull the v Mac, the e7400 was turned up and ran very well, never had a e7 350, but the e6 350 could hang with the 400, but not enough to pass it, both were turned up to the max, waiting for a 400 superliner could be a long wait, the one you passed on could become a 400, and if the truck is in good shape, thats more important to me

• Like 2

The truck was in ok shape not a gem and yes Bob iam looking for a good strong tractor but I already have 6 trucks in the stable a dm and 5 r models that work everyday this is more of a want then a need so if I need to wait a while to get what I want then I guess that's what I will do already got my hands full keeping the other trucks in show condition to go play in the dirt everyday... I really do appreciate everyones input nice to hear real stories and thoughts from all of you

My dad has a e7 400. It seems to go ok, but I have nothing to compare it too. My 2v e6 seems to pull better empty/bobtail if I were to compare the two. But it could come down to gearing. 

Im with felicello122, if it's a nice truck I wouldn't worry about the 50hp. 

There is a thread on here about giving the 350 a bit of extra fuel. They seem to respond well, if your interested. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, polracer01 said:

Not many of those out there actually got a chance to see a liberty edition this past winter with like only 700 original miles at Josephs equipment in Manchester nh what a beautiful truck

saw a brand new one,,when they came out at the los angeles dealer.......yes it was tits man..guy driving it told me he was pissing himself...first couple trips...i said ill bet you were im pissing myself just standing here looking at it.he also said you never run outa horse power..bob

Awesome Yeah that's about as close to a new I have ever gotten not quite old enough to remember these trucks new off assembly line I mean our dm is a year older then me and one of the r's came of the line on the exact day I was born talk about ironic 

2 hours ago, polracer01 said:

Thanks Bob appreciate it you poor guy the fleet looking good is a big props to our drivers they take real pride in keeping them clean all of them carry a bottle of wax with them if they have downtime they are cleaning and polishing

excellent glad to hear that...i would probably be the same way...if i was driving them...bob

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 6:50 AM, ekennedy21 said:

Same pump, different injectors and turbo I believe. The pump just gets adjusted. I believe the e7 mechanical can go all the way to 454.

My 94 RD was a 350. I had the pump rebuilt and turned up. Put a 427 turbo on it and installed "super flow" injectors (90HP)  was getting 490 Hp. Only thing I learned was to make sure the 8LL had the trans cooler installed, which it did. Also did the same set up on my 2000 RD but was an Etec 400. The Etec ran a little better than the E7 350.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.