Need some opinions

I have the opportunity to purchase a 93 superliner with an e7 350 mechanical motor.  I have been hoping for an e7 400 but the price is right with this truck.  So I guess my question is would I notice a big difference in power between the 2 motors. Truck will be used to haul dump trailer pulling 25 to 30 tons this e7 350 has an 8ll.  Any input would be greatly appreciated 

Not sure about rear end ratio hadn't gotten that far on it yet..this truck is more of a want then a need and have been holding out for a really good e7 400 this truck kind of sprung up on me wouldn't of really considered it except for the fact that is the final year for the superliner... so was hoping some of you guys had run one or both I know the power of an e6 300 and an e6 350 does the e7 run circles around the e6?

32 minutes ago, polracer01 said:

Not sure about rear end ratio hadn't gotten that far on it yet..this truck is more of a want then a need and have been holding out for a really good e7 400 this truck kind of sprung up on me wouldn't of really considered it except for the fact that is the final year for the superliner... so was hoping some of you guys had run one or both I know the power of an e6 300 and an e6 350 does the e7 run circles around the e6?

Never driven a e7 400  but have driven bunch of the 300,350 Macks & all other brand up to 550hp; NO circles 

1 minute ago, polracer01 said:

1965 do you have any comparison between an e6 compared to the e7 I own 4 trucks with e6 motors but never tried an e7

No sir

just was saying not going to be HUGE difference; that's just my opion

I have driven both the e7 350s and 400s and in a hard pull the 400s would pull the same weight a lot easier in the same gear but not enough to go to the next gear with a 8 speed. but then again we normally hauled between 38 to 42 tons of coal on the mountain haul roads which were a lot steeper than most of the highways in the whole country.

Thanks joe appreciate the info good to hear from everyone with there life experiances.  Decided to pass on this truck and stick to looking for one with an e7 400 been looking for a long time so might as well wait a little longer. Course when you are looking for a one of one ever made may take awhile lol. Dream truck e7 400 15sp 20k and 44k dual stack all original maybe it is just a dream lol

Edited by polracer01