New truck

A demo is a truck provided to prospective customers in hopes of generating a sale.

However, that dealer put the truck to work for themselves, as if they'd purchased it for internal use, in the service of transporting new trailers from their supplier. In doing so, they made it a used truck. Granted low miles, but in a court of law, it could be easily argued that they put this truck to work.

Anyway, you don't want to buy a Mack or Volvo with the current unit pump injection system. If you want Mack/Volvo, insist on the new common rail system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kscarbel2 said:

A demo is a truck provided to prospective customers in hopes of generating a sale.

However, that dealer put the truck to work for themselves, as if they'd purchased it for internal use, in the service of transporting new trailers from their supplier. In doing so, they made it a used truck. Granted low miles, but in a court of law, it could be easily argued that they put this truck to work.

How much would you say they should come off price?

3 minutes ago, 1965 said:

How much would you say they should come off price?

If this truck is a Mack or Volvo with the current unit pump injection system, I wouldn't buy it. I'd specify a new one with the common rail system.

Volvo's Delphi-supplied common rail system is the worst in the US market, but it's better than the current Delphi-supplied unit pump injection system.

If this truck is a Mack or Volvo with the current unit pump injection system, I wouldn't buy it. I'd specify a new one with the common rail system.

Volvo's Delphi-supplied common rail system is the worst in the US market, but it's better than the current Delphi-supplied unit pump injection system.

Understand that completely but you have a Mack to trade; you are limited!

If they drove it on dealer plates and never registered it to themselves.... demo? if full warranty applied to buyer.

titled to the dealer and used to move trailers.... used

go bench mark it against the auto dealers discount structure

is it worth the discount "deal" to buy what ksc regards as a lemon??

BC Mack

7 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Understand that completely but you have a Mack to trade; you are limited!

So trade it in on one of the new Macks with common rail injection.

Officially, Volvo is saying:  The new common rail D13 enters production this October, the new D11 next January, and the new D13 with turbo-compounding mid-2017.

I know dealers with new D13s due in.

What size engine do you want?

17 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

So trade it in on one of the new Macks with common rail injection.

Officially, Volvo is saying:  The new common rail D13 enters production this October, the new D11 next January, and the new D13 with turbo-compounding mid-2017.

I know dealers with new D13s due in.

What size engine do you want?

I have a 505 but that is not big deal to me

what gets me is that dealers have same year truck as my trade wanting 20,000 more than the want to give me for mine 

if I buy good warranty; my plan would be trade again; maybe

new common rail some said is already problems; fuel in oil

just don't know

9 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I have a 505 but that is not big deal to me

what gets me is that dealers have same year truck as my trade wanting 20,000 more than the want to give me for mine 

if I buy good warranty; my plan would be trade again; maybe

new common rail some said is already problems; fuel in oil

just don't know

Let's discuss a different strategy. The day of the small dealer has passed. Mega truck dealers are now all the rage.

Consider trading your Mack in to a mega dealer that sells Mack AND other truck brands,

Typically, you can buy a Kenworth, Freightliner or other from a dealer group that includes those brands, and they'll pass your Mack on to their Mack location.

I don't like this new mega-dealer age. But for you, it provides more options.

Many here can tell you that Kenworths are selling like hotcakes right now. And Bullhusk and others will tell you that Detroit has the best engine going right now.

4 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Let's discuss a different strategy. The day of the small dealer has passed. Mega truck dealers are now all the rage.

Consider trading your Mack in to a mega dealer that sells Mack AND other truck brands,

Typically, you can buy a Kenworth, Freightliner or other from a dealer group that includes those brands, and they'll pass your Mack on to their Mack location.

I don't like this new mega-dealer age. But for you, it provides more options.

Many here can tell you that Kenworths are selling like hotcakes right now. And Bullhusk and others will tell you that Detroit has the best engine going right now.

This place sales kW & I've mentioned that; honestly don't like the kW truck (look wise)

don't like paccor engines & not crazy bout cummins

if you mention Mack all other turn there noses up; so I've found out

8 minutes ago, 1965 said:

This place sales kW & I've mentioned that; honestly don't like the kW truck (look wise)

don't like paccor engines & not crazy bout cummins

if you mention Mack all other turn there noses up; so I've found out

I don't care for the new Kenworth design theme either.

Paccar's engines, designed by its Dutch truckmaker subsidiary DAF, are okay.

I'm not excited about Cummins' ISX either. They gets the job done, but not cutting edge tech.

The Freightliner Cascadia, designed by Germany's Daimler, is arguably the most advanced design truck in the US market today. And there's little argument that its Detroit engine is the best currently available in the US market. It's a very efficient truck. If your aim is to make money..........

Your application is on-road long haul with a sleeper box, right ?

4 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

I don't care for the new Kenworth design theme either.

Paccar's engines, designed by its Dutch truckmaker subsidiary DAF, are okay.

I'm not excited about Cummins' ISX either. They gets the job done, but not cutting edge tech.

The Freightliner Cascadia, designed by Germany's Daimler, is arguably the most advanced design truck in the US market today. And there's little argument that its Detroit engine is the best currently available in the US market. It's a very efficient truck. If your aim is to make money..........

Will check out

You never said what you thought they should come off price

i think a lot of your advise 

Your application is on-road long haul with a sleeper box, right ?

I do little of it all

i do lowboy,equip trailer,dump, flatbed, & van

got real good day cab truck but need small sleeper & lighter

25 minutes ago, 1965 said:

I do little of it all

i do lowboy,equip trailer,dump, flatbed, & van

got real good day cab truck but need small sleeper & lighter

Okay.

We all have different taste, but I'm sensing you like the clean appearance of a traditional looking truck.

I like the Cascadia Evoluton with the "new" DD15 a lot, but not for a low-boy application. The standard Cascadia maybe.

But after what you just said, I suggest a Peterbilt 367 spec'd as a tractor. Set-forward or set-back steer axle......that's up to you. There are very few traditional design trucks built today, but Peterbilt still offers the 367. The DAF engine is good. If you went to Denton, Texas and toured the Peterbilt plant, and met the people behind the product, I know that you would seriously consider buying the 367.

image 2.JPG

image 1.jpg

I can't tell you how much that dealer could/would come off their asking price because I know zilch about that truck (how long they've had it, model year, specs, Mack dealer incentives, their total cost in the truck after local add-ons, ect.).

But no matter what, I urge you not to even consider a Mack/Volvo with the dated and problematic Delphi unit pump injection.

They'd have to practically give you the truck to change my mind. And I know the dealer isn't going to do that.

45 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Okay.

We all have different taste, but I'm sensing you like the clean appearance of a traditional looking truck.

I like the Cascadia Evoluton with the "new" DD15 a lot, but not for a low-boy application. The standard Cascadia maybe.

But after what you just said, I suggest a Peterbilt 367 spec'd as a tractor. Set-forward or set-back steer axle......that's up to you. There are very few traditional design trucks built today, but Peterbilt still offers the 367. The DAF engine is good. If you went to Denton, Texas and toured the Peterbilt plant, and met the people behind the product, I know that you would seriously consider buying the 367.

Really like those. But have a Mack to trade.

$$$

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

Really like those But  have a Mack to trade

$$$

One option is you call Rush (toll-free), a huge mega dealer and the nation's largest Peterbilt dealer, and get some numbers for your trade and a new truck.

http://www.rushtruckcenters.com/truck-sales/new-truck-sales

And you can look through the Peterbilt dealer directory for a mega-dealer that also sells Mack.

http://www.peterbilt.com/resources/Dealer Directory.pdf

For example, McDevitt Trucks.........https://www.mctrucks.com/

And Cambria.............http://www.cambrias.com/

Don't worry about the distance.

(It's noteworthy that two long-time hard-core Mack distributors, McDevitt and Cambria, over the years decided to add the Peterbilt franchise)

Gotta love a mack website with a guy telling people not to buy a mack then posting how mack sales are low. All new trucks have problems . Buy what YOU want ...

I've seen plenty of Cascadia with Detroit on road broke down

29 minutes ago, logtruckman said:

Gotta love a mack website with a guy telling people not to buy a mack then posting how mack sales are low. All new trucks have problems . Buy what YOU want ...

I apologize if I troubled you.

I'm not telling a gentleman not to buy a Mack. Realistically, I'm telling him not to consider buying a Volvo unless it has the new common rail-equipped engine.

"If" I understand you correctly, when I posted about how stagnant the Mack brand is with sales, it's because in the days of the former Mack Trucks, an organization whose leadership "knew something about trucks" (as the old man used to say), we........set the world on fire.

Yes, even the superb Detroit engines can have a bad day. But anyone on BMT who runs the Detroits, not just Bullhusk, will tell you what great engines they really are.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

One option is you call Rush (toll-free), a huge mega dealer and the nation's largest Peterbilt dealer, and get some numbers for your trade and a new truck.

http://www.rushtruckcenters.com/truck-sales/new-truck-sales

And you can look through the Peterbilt dealer directory for a mega-dealer that also sells Mack.

http://www.peterbilt.com/resources/Dealer Directory.pdf

For example, McDevitt Trucks.........https://www.mctrucks.com/

And Cambria.............http://www.cambrias.com/

Don't worry about the distance.

(It's noteworthy that two long-time hard-core Mack distributors, McDevitt and Cambria, over the years decided to add the Peterbilt franchise)

McDevitt dropped peterbilt

At least the 

5 hours ago, logtruckman said:

At least the mans point of view is honest and factual and backed up by facts for the most part the jury is out on the new common rail how ever from what i've seen of it ,they have really cured nothing, with out getting rid of any contact with cam the injector will still shake and cause sealing issues! just another patch job!

Edited by fjh

Coronado is a fairly stylish traditional looking truck. The only complaint I had about cascadias is the interiors (if memory serves me correctly) had no screws holding things together and after many hard off-road miles things in the interior started loosening up and rattling with no way to tighten them back up. Just for full disclosure the years of the model I'm thinking of was around 08-10 I believe and I understand our company uses the hell out of our fleet off road. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.