Anyone recognize this F model?

I've seen a few photos of this truck floating around online.  I know it was at the Macungie show recently.  I think it's really interesting.  In some photos it has NASA on the doors.  Is this a legit NASA truck?  Would love to see the interior and hear more about it.  Anyone know the owner (Ken Ochenkowski of Hartford, CT???)?  

1970 Mack FL711LST Tractor (2).jpg

• Like 1

I met Ken once but don't really know him.

Here are some pictures I took at the Bolton Fairgrounds in 2015.  There was a note giving some info on the truck.   Not a NASA truck.

Click the link.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Yep, Hayward truck.  Wonder if the owner hangs around here.  Did anyone see what type of air suspension it has?  Mack didn't offer air suspension in the 60s, did it?  Wonder when it was converted.  Did anyone catch the specs on the truck?  

It was in MT,low miles,ENDT673C with a 15 speed Fuller,the air ride was factory,early Neway.I was bidding on it awhile,but turned bidding over to Ken. Thought I was going to end up with the truck,as he was only interested in the trailer for a truck he already had, but he kinda changed his mind.

1 hour ago, Superdog said:

It was in MT,low miles,ENDT673C with a 15 speed Fuller,the air ride was factory,early Neway.I was bidding on it awhile,but turned bidding over to Ken. Thought I was going to end up with the truck,as he was only interested in the trailer for a truck he already had, but he kinda changed his mind.

this was part2 of the story...

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/40886-1970-mack-fl711lst/#comment-296436

however, my post has the link to the original Sept 2014 thread but it will not open for me and I ran out of "search" ideas... to jog memories for some, same ebay seller had a rare Corbitt too... I think the eventual buyer only wanted the tanker and offered back the truck, but price was still too high... nice to see it out and about, however, it would look much better with the tank and in airforce colours.

BC Mack

4 hours ago, sodly said:

But wasn't there a point when Mack went from green metal to redesigned beige interiors across the board?

I have seen 73's  with green steel dash and straight back cab and also with beige plastic dash and the deeper cab. depends when they were made    terry

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Jeff.  In the meantime I was able to track down Ken and he gave me most of the story you related.  Did you happen to get any photos of the interior?

Edited by sodly

11 minutes ago, sodly said:

Thanks, Jeff.  In the meantime I was able to track down Ken and he gave me most of the story you related.  Did you happen to get any photos of the interior?

No, I didn't, and I meant to ! Late Saturday we moved the truck out into the open so someone could take some pictures. I didn't get his name but have a feeling he is a member here, Maybe he got some.

11 minutes ago, sodly said:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I believe that NASA at one time owned atleast one Mack F model. I saw a picture a while ago of a blue(?) Mack F hauling the Enterprise (I believe) in a desert setting. Can't find the image anymore. I'm pretty sure it was being pulled off of the runway it landed on for one of the early glide tests of the shuttle, one of the tests where it was piggy backing on a 747 before being released to glide on it's own towards a run way. Just a hunch that this would've happened at White Sands New Mexico. Don't know if that info will help anyone find anything out about that truck.

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!