Pictures of the Week

other dog

43 minutes ago, hatcity said:

nice scenery up that-a-way

how did your home area make out with the rain?

Nothing out of the ordinary around here, but they caught hell over in West Virginia though. I came across the turnpike to Breezewood and down when I left McKeesport the other day to get to Dillwyn as quickly as possible. Normally I would have taken I-79 to rt.19 to Summersville, then rt.39 to Nettie, and rt.20 to rt.60 at Charmco. It's a good thing I didn't go that way, or I might still be over there somewhere. I've got to leave early tomorrow and deadhead to Chicago with a stretch trailer and pick up another long load at Atlas Tube going to Petersburg, Va. Got a 7am appointment time to load Monday morning.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Nice to see familiar places in the pictures of the week. I don't get away from the I-95 corridor much anymore, glad you could come up our way and visit. I also recognized ELG in McKeesport, took many scrap loads there when I was dump-truckin'. Don't miss that place all that much, used to park there to sleep overnight, if not you could be waiting in line until noon. I would stage my truck in line, then walk up the hill to a neat little bar & grill to eat supper. Been at least 4 years ago, but they had 40 cent Iron City draughts during the week.

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Nice to see familiar places in the pictures of the week. I don't get away from the I-95 corridor much anymore, glad you could come up our way and visit. I also recognized ELG in McKeesport, took many scrap loads there when I was dump-truckin'. Don't miss that place all that much, used to park there to sleep overnight, if not you could be waiting in line until noon. I would stage my truck in line, then walk up the hill to a neat little bar & grill to eat supper. Been at least 4 years ago, but they had 40 cent Iron City draughts during the week.

Wow, thanks for the info! I only go there about twice a year, but they're good paying loads out of B&W- the loads pay both ways, that's why I could deadhead back to Dillwyn to pick up the Sanford load.

Just now, other dog said:

Wow, thanks for the info! I only go there about twice a year, but they're good paying loads out of B&W- the loads pay both ways, that's why I could deadhead back to Dillwyn to pick up the Sanford load.

Oh, by the way, i've never tried Iron City beer. I've heard people say it was horrible, some people said it was great, some said IC light was good but regular IC was horrible, and vice-versa- what's your opinion?

28 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Oh, by the way.....you are required to obtain a permit to enter the Philly area, has to be signed by myself or 39babymack at the diner of our choosing.........

Oh no, I just got a memo stating that I could come and go as I pleased, signed by Underdog, Greendash, 39babymack, and Mowerman. They said it super-seeds any previous b.s. documents that might have been issued by 1958F.W.D.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, other dog said:

Oh no, I just got a memo stating that I could come and go as I pleased, signed by Underdog, Greendash, 39babymack, and Mowerman. They said it super-seeds any previous b.s. documents that might have been issued by 1958F.W.D.

Did you get a official Fork Union, VA permit signed by Kaycee, Beaurgarde and Booker the Basset Hounds to allow you to get a permit signed by Underdog, Greendash, 39babymack, and Mowerman ?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

53 minutes ago, other dog said:

Did you read the fine print where it says that is only valid on leap day? 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I remember Dillwyn, as well. Nice ride, beautiful country, but I picked up a bulk load of pyrite in my aluminum dump trailer, it stuck so bad it took me 3 days of hard labor to get it out. I can laugh about it now, good trucker story, but wasn't much fun at the time.

Oh, by the way, i've never tried Iron City beer. I've heard people say it was horrible, some people said it was great, some said IC light was good but regular IC was horrible, and vice-versa- what's your opinion?

Each and every IC that I drank was worth AT LEAST the 40 cents I paid.

• Like 2

Just bring beer I'll sign anything you want. It won't be an issue until one of us runs for public office.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian Blaylock said:

Is it just my eyes or does it look like the girl with the black and white skirt have some extra parts looking out from under her skirt

Looks like she has her left leg bent up with big toe sticking up.

• Like 1