2 other bulldogs

B MACK

• 3 weeks later...

The dude that got me interested in otr trucking and taught me to shift a triplex,used to drive for a dump truck outfit in pgh pa called Ed W Texter co. They had an all  b model fleet including those awful b42 gas burners! They had an English bulldog mascot named...you guessed it Mack.Thought of that when I saw the bulldog statue. The guy I mentioned took me for my 1st ride in a big truck,a Brockway 361 I think.Had a 220 Cummins  with an Eaton "bogie" that's a 5 speed main with a3 speed differential.Shifter looks like a13 speed,but you split it like a 2 speed. Drove  one yrs later in a "crackerbox Jimmy" only other one I've ever seen.Darn thing used to jump out of gear(the differential not the tranny),very annoying!.The company was going out of business,quit maintaining their trucks.One night the supv.called me for a run said I have 3 tractors you can choose from.The 1st one the alternator doesn't charge,the 2nd one has a gear missing(10 spd ranger, that's 2gears right? ) the 3rd one only one set of brakes working (on the tag axle) which one do you want? These were 4070transtar cabovers,night run snow on the ground! " I don't want any of them"! "You want your job don't you?" I took the one with one with only one set of brakes. I'll bore you with the rest of that story later.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No Tommy, I do not have any other info on that dog picture other than Mack Truck Company in the lower corner?    I never have investigated about it ?? I got my dog pict. from the daughters of the original owner of my truck, am not sure where he got it.   Where did you get your dog picture?