Jay Leno's Garage - 1964 Triumph Bonneville

kscarbel2

I was like 7 or 8 years of age 1960 or 61 when only 2 motorbikes were on my street. The first one was a Cushman Eagle Motorscooter, black with a chrome pipe and a white seat. Had a long luggage, square backend. Was used for a paper route. I got to ride on the back, in the middle, cause there were 3 of us throwing papers.

The other bike was a Bonneville 120. Never got to touch it. I recall it was red and gray or silver. Both of these bikes were owned by Seniors in High School, friends of my brother in his age group.

My uncle would try bikes out from a cycle shop, bring them over and show out on mostly BSA Rockets or Starfires, if I recall correctly. I could hardly tell the difference between the Triumph or BSA. It has been 55 years ago. I believe I may be slipping a little.   

I have a 1948 Sport Twin 500 with the internally sprung rear wheel sitting in the corner of my out buildings. Took it as trade for a pair of 55 Chevy nos fenders about 1979 or 80. Never payed attention to it. Also had a 1975 Trident 750 I bought in 1976 for my wife. She learned to ride it, got her license and never used it again. Gave it to my good grandson last year. He wants to ride it  from Fork Union to his job at Carter Machinery near Lynchberg.

When I finish packing up and get to that corner, I'll most likely be selling it.. It was driven to me for the swap.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 5/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, 41chevy said:

I have a 1948 Sport Twin 500 with the internally sprung rear wheel sitting in the corner of my out buildings. Took it as trade for a pair of 55 Chevy nos fenders about 1979 or 80. Never payed attention to it. Also had a 1975 Trident 750 I bought in 1976 for my wife. She learned to ride it, got her license and never used it again. Gave it to my good grandson last year. He wants to ride it  from Fork Union to his job at Carter Machinery near Lynchberg.

When I finish packing up and get to that corner, I'll most likely be selling it.. It was driven to me for the swap.

He works at Carter Machinery now? That's right up here on 29 by Powell's. Is he driving back and forth from Fork Union every day? That's a pretty good ways!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

3 hours ago, other dog said:

He works at Carter Machinery now? That's right up here on 29 by Powell's. Is he driving back and forth from Fork Union every day? That's a pretty good ways!

He works a 4 day, 40 hour week and stays 3 nights in a rented room on English Tavern Rd. He's first on the list for an open slot at Carters Richmond Earth Moving shop. He wants to buy a house near Mechanicsville. 

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

13 minutes ago, other dog said:

Oh...I'd much rather be in Lynchburg than anywhere near Richmond, but that's just me.

I don't like big towns or cities at all any more, but he likes the stuff they offer for shopping and night life. He's still young  so he can deal with the hustle and bustle. 

P.T.CHESHIRE