Trump

david wild

Trump has a LOT to do before earning my support. The way he conducted himself on the campaign trail was an absolute disgrace. The man has supported the politicians who gave us Obamacare...and we're supposed to believe him that he now wants to repeal it? He has continually donated to the politicians responsible for the current illegal immigration clusterf---...but now he says he'll build a wall and control the border? Folks like Trump who have FUNDED the left's agenda are why we are where we are today. Trump, through his donations to liberal politicians, ENABLED them to whittle away at our freedom. Trump claims he doesn't like the regulatory burdens standing in the way of businesses...but HE PAID FOR THEM when he supported the politicians who pushed them through. Trump doesn't even know the meaning of the word "Conservative"...yet repeatedly claimed to be "the MOST Conservative" person in the race because that's what he thought people needed to hear in order to win their votes. The man will say ANYTHING necessary to win, without regard to the truth or how he actually feels about an issue.

That being said, while Trump will not have my SUPPORT, he will most likely receive my vote. While Trump MIGHT be a disaster, Hillary would DEFINITELY be a disaster. So as it stands right now, I'll head to the polls in November with a clothes pin on my nose and vote for the gamble instead of the sure thing. Trump could change that with ACTIONS, but not with words. His words mean nothing.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I see on BBC this morning and on Bloomberg that the Hillary supporters and a few others want an Federal investigation. They feel Trump bought or threatened Cruz and Kashi to drop out. Let the mud slinging, fear mongering begin.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

at least trump was honest. in the first debate he pointed out how politicians are bought and he said I would know because I donated to all your campaigns. Trump is at least a business man not a career politician leaching off the public for years and years. It's nice to see a politician who doesn't speak in sounds bytes or read what his party prepared for him from a teleprompter. 

Trump? HONEST? Those 2 words don't belong in the same sentence. He has assumed all of the worst traits of a stereotypical politician, saying whatever he thinks the audience wants to hear instead of what he truly believes. When any other candidate would mention the inconsistencies in Trump's statements, he wouldn't address the substance of the claim or even explain what may have happened in his life that might have caused his view to evolve. Instead, he'd sling mud and accuse the other person of lying...even if there is video PROOF the other person is 100% correct (as in Trump stating exactly what the other candidate claimed Trump had said) floating around on the internet for anyone to look up. If Ted Cruz had a dollar for every lie Trump told, the Cruz campaign would have been well funded. If Trump had a dollar for every Cruz lie, he'd be a broke S-O-B. Unfortunately Cruz didn't do much to combat the "lyin' ted" moniker Trump dubbed him with (which would have been easy enough to do with a targeted ad campaign containing the Cruz statement, Trump crying "You're a liar", followed by video of Trump actually making the statement he's now calling Cruz a liar for bringing up), and so it stuck despite the fact that it was about as accurate as calling Hillary "Honest Hillary".

Bottom line, Trump relied upon name recognition and an uninformed electorate. He doubled down with insults designed to be used in sound bites, and finished off with scorched earth tactics and supporters threatening riots if he DIDN'T get the nomination...and now he expects everybody to just forgive & forget and rally behind him?

Trump will have more support in the GOP than Gen. Sherman would have found in Atlanta if he ran for Mayor in 1865...and most of that support is solely due to who the opposing party is nominating. I can't vote for Trump, but I sure as hell can vote against Hillary.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Remember those of you that keep speaking of his relationship with the liberals, if he did not get along with them how would have done any biz in liberal land, just because you can do biz with liberals does make you one or make you like them, I have worked in countries that were run by smucks, but we went because our customer (GE) was doing biz there, what would you do ?? stay home ??? Trump dealt with them because it was the best for his biz, that means he would make a great pres. because he has proved that he can work across the aisle ??????? unlike shit for brains that can not work with anyone.

• Like 2

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said  that Ryan should be Republicans' pick for a nominee if the party is unable to select a candidate on the first ballot.

Priebus and others on the ccommittee are looking to Ryan as an only shot to win. "Ryan does represent the kind of vision and values that  Republicans and America would want to put forward on the world stage" Rep. Tom Cole, R-Oklahoma, said in a recent C-SPAN interview.

Among  GOP supporters for that choice are Karl Rove, Orrin Hatch, John Boehner and Tom Cole

Despite the of  Paul Ryans denials, all eyes will once again be on Ryan, whom aides say will accept the Republican nomination if drafted.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, 41chevy said:

I see on BBC this morning and on Bloomberg that the Hillary supporters and a few others want an Federal investigation. They feel Trump bought or threatened Cruz and Kashi to drop out. Let the mud slinging, fear mongering begin.

But ant that what the liberals good at dividing.

Edited by theakerstwo
  • Like 2

glenn akers

I feel no matter what the end result of the election is, we are going to see media, political party and minority advocate stirred civil unrest, that hasn't been seen since the mid 1960's. Every thing done by liberal educators, media and internet hype,rabid party loyalties and the major contributions by our great divider will boil over. 

What is interesting is Bloomberg News ran a detailed "report"on how to use the internet to steal an election by a professional hacker who does it for a living in South America. Also details on how to destroy the evidence. 

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

The problem I have with folks who claim "THE VOTERS CHOSE TRUMP" is that in many states, DEMOCRATS "crossed over" to vote for him in the REPUBLICAN primary. I don't think dems ought to have ANY say in who the GOP nominates, just as I disagreed with "operation chaos" 8 years ago when Limbaugh was encouraging Republicans to cross over and vote for Hillary in order to prolong the Democratic primary season and delay Obama's clinching of the nomination. The Republicans ought to choose their nominee, and the Democrats ought to choose their nominee. Republicans shouldn't vote in the Democrat primary, and Democrats shouldn't vote in the Republican primary. Each party ought to be able to select a nominee who best embodies the core principals of the party...WITHOUT the influence of "crossover voters" who for obvious reasons do NOT agree with the party platform.

The voters get to have their say in November. In the primaries, Republican voters should be the only ones having their say in the Republican primary, and Democrat voters should be the only ones having their say in the Democrat primary. Crossover voting simply should not be allowed.

11 hours ago, RowdyRebel said:

The problem I have with folks who claim "THE VOTERS CHOSE TRUMP" is that in many states, DEMOCRATS "crossed over" to vote for him in the REPUBLICAN primary. I don't think dems ought to have ANY say in who the GOP nominates, just as I disagreed with "operation chaos" 8 years ago when Limbaugh was encouraging Republicans to cross over and vote for Hillary in order to prolong the Democratic primary season and delay Obama's clinching of the nomination. The Republicans ought to choose their nominee, and the Democrats ought to choose their nominee. Republicans shouldn't vote in the Democrat primary, and Democrats shouldn't vote in the Republican primary. Each party ought to be able to select a nominee who best embodies the core principals of the party...WITHOUT the influence of "crossover voters" who for obvious reasons do NOT agree with the party platform.

The voters get to have their say in November. In the primaries, Republican voters should be the only ones having their say in the Republican primary, and Democrat voters should be the only ones having their say in the Democrat primary. Crossover voting simply should not be allowed.

That's the poor 2 party mentality I was talking about. Voters should be able to vote for who ever they want no matter what group they're affiliated with or what ever they're reasoning. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Well then if that's the case, EVERYBODY...as in ALL candidates from EVERY party...ought to be on the same ballot, for every voter to get to choose from, and the top contenders move on to the general without regard to party affiliation. As long as each party is selecting their own nominee, then that selection process ought to be limited to party members. When democrats choose the republican nominee, you get a candidate republicans don't like and democrats won't vote for in the general (because they have their own candidate)...and if republicans choose the democrat's nominee same thing...republicans won't vote for that candidate in the general and democrats can't support them. It is tough to have a clear choice in November when both candidates share the same values.

Trump is a Democrat. He has said as much in the past, and also stated that the only reason he ran as a republican was because he thought it afforded him the best opportunity to win the nomination. So enough democrats crossed over to allow him to win victories in a crowded field early on to take the lead and from there, he had the momentum he needed. He doesn't belong on the ticket with an "R" next to his name, because Republican voters weren't the ones who chose him.

In November, voters can choose whoever they want. During the primaries, party affiliation should matter...because the parties are selecting THEIR nominees to represent the party on the ticket in the general election.

Like I said in my first post, I cannot at this point support Trump. I will, however, cast my vote against Hillary, even if that means holding my nose and checking a box next to Trump's name. This will be yet another "lesser of two evils" election unless by some miraculous turn of events, the voters in the remaining states band together and vote Cruz (his name is still on the primary ballots despite having suspended his campaign) to keep Trump from the required 1237 delegates to clinch the nomination...forcing a brokered convention, in which case Trump becomes the underdog once delegates are no longer bound to him. He hasn't made it there yet...and if he fails to get there DESPITE having no opposition, well, that would speak for itself at the convention.