Ridiculous...

RowdyRebel

Guess they are going to need 40 oz cups for their 24 oz "iced" beverages now...I always thought it was common knowledge that you were paying for whatever a cup of the advertised size would hold. If you don't like getting so much ice, simply request "easy ice" or "no ice" and you'll get more beverage.

I would expect this case to be tossed pretty quick...but then again, you never know with the courts these days. The lawyer who agreed to take this case ought to be disbarred and flogged...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/05/01/starbucks-faces-5m-lawsuit-over-amount-ice-in-its-iced-beverages/

Edited by RowdyRebel
  • Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I know a guy that used to run a small restaurant. He says ice is usually more expensive than whatever beverage is with it. He said ice machines cost a fortune to buy and maintain and are power hogs. He was buying his ice and finally broke down and bought a ice machine, he said his electric bill almost doubled with the ice machine running. 

If that's the case, restaurants would make more profit by selling drinks with no ice.

Bottom line is 1 800 lawyers and the gimmies see any business as a cash cow. Can't count how many times I've heard "you own your own business, you must be loaded"  If I'm loaded than how come I would not pay myself so I could pay my employees or my suppliers? Ought to get a lawyer and sue the gimmies for making my insurance costs so high.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I love the gimmes line! So why is it that if you own your own business the gimmes and half of every one else think your are loaded? If I were so loade why do I work 60 to 80 hours a week ? At least I havve determind my own fate and I can live with that just fine.

• Like 2

Living near the law suit capital here is my opinion...

http://assholes_zpsfcveacvu.gif

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

22 minutes ago, david wild said:

Since Obama advertised his cup to hold all the good things for us and it wasn't there can we sue him ?????

Finding a lawyer with the balls to sue Mr B.Wheat would be on par with finding Hillary's truth  gene.......

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE