Unbelievable

HeavyGunner

Came across this news story and couldn't believe what I was reading. 

Police searching for driver of big rig involved in fatal hit-and-run in Vernon - LA Times - www.latimes.com
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-big-rig-fatal-hit-and-run-20160430-story.html

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Already back over the border getting a new I.D and S.S.N !

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yeah I think you have it right Paul. Likely an illegal with a false cdl making a run for it. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Back when I worked for the Postal Service we had one of our trucks rear end a line of stopped vehicles, 4 of them in a row IIRC with all damaged. Postal Service was clearly at fault and would have paid damages to all 4 owners, but one took off running, never to be seen or heard from again. Police ran the his vehicle and as far as we can tell he wasn't wanted for any crime, our guess was he was undocumented and fearful of being deported. Kinda a shame, Postal Service would have paid for his   damages, the law is the same whether he's here legally or not.

4 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

....the law is the same whether he's here legally or not.

Unfortunately that's true with exception of if it was an illegal who did the hit and run they can skitter back to Mexico and hide out until things cool off and come back here again illegally get an illegal cdl again. If it was an American it's a lot harder to run and hide because our real info is on our licenses and neighboring countries will extradite us. 

On 5/1/2016 at 1:07 PM, HeavyGunner said:

Unfortunately that's true with exception of if it was an illegal who did the hit and run they can skitter back to Mexico and hide out until things cool off and come back here again illegally get an illegal cdl again. If it was an American it's a lot harder to run and hide because our real info is on our licenses and neighboring countries will extradite us. 

They don't even have to do that around here, they just turn them loose.

I know a guy that had some Mexicans working for him (I have no idea on their legal status but I've got a good guess). One of them had been pulled over for at least 4 DUIs. All they would do is haul him in, find out he had no documentation, they wouldn't know what to do with him, and turn him loose. If it had been one of us, they would have us under the jail. 

Bottom line is, if you get pulled over, tell them you are a illegal alien and don't provide them with you DL or anything. There are pretty good odds they will just turn you loose if you're dark complected. 

On 5/1/2016 at 9:45 AM, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Back when I worked for the Postal Service we had one of our trucks rear end a line of stopped vehicles, 4 of them in a row IIRC with all damaged. Postal Service was clearly at fault and would have paid damages to all 4 owners, but one took off running, never to be seen or heard from again. Police ran the his vehicle and as far as we can tell he wasn't wanted for any crime, our guess was he was undocumented and fearful of being deported. Kinda a shame, Postal Service would have paid for his   damages, the law is the same whether he's here legally or not.

12 hours ago, m16ty said:

They don't even have to do that around here, they just turn them loose.

I know a guy that had some Mexicans working for him (I have no idea on their legal status but I've got a good guess). One of them had been pulled over for at least 4 DUIs. All they would do is haul him in, find out he had no documentation, they wouldn't know what to do with him, and turn him loose. If it had been one of us, they would have us under the jail. 

Bottom line is, if you get pulled over, tell them you are a illegal alien and don't provide them with you DL or anything. There are pretty good odds they will just turn you loose if you're dark complected. 

How can that be?  The post above yours said the laws are the same legal or illegal citizen. . . . NOT

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE