Finally time to start assembly.

Getting there.  Got battery's installed with disconnect switch.   New cross braces under hood made.   New hoses and clampswith 2 shutoff valves for easy installation of heater someday.  Tool box on driverside of frame mounted.   Got most or original wiring removed so its easier to start from scratch.             image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

On July 5, 2016 at 6:43 PM, fxfymn said:

The journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step; start at the ass end and work your way forward to the gauges, 

Just testing with jumper cables now but I finally started!           image.jpgjust marker lights.              image.jpg everything including back up.   

• Like 1

I use automatic circuit breakers.   That way they reset(this pictures is a manual version) and you don't have to carry a box of fuses.  The control side is fused through your original fuse box.

Look like this:

75215_primary.jpg

BTW, looks like you won't have to worry about any one NOT seeing the back of your truck LOL!!

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

26 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I use automatic circuit breakers.   That way they reset(this pictures is a manual version) and you don't have to carry a box of fuses.  The control side is fused through your original fuse box.

Look like this:

75215_primary.jpg

BTW, looks like you won't have to worry about any one NOT seeing the back of your truck LOL!!

Ok thanks.   That's what I was thinking, but for some reason I had in my head that you don't fuse them.                                          I figure a lot of people will be following me "to get a better look of course" so better give them a few extra lights.  

Do I put a fuse in the main power for the relays?    For some reason I'm thinking you don't put fuses in headlight circuits.  

You should end up with three circuits if you do it this way.  Use automatic reset circuit breakers for the high amperage legs that supply the actual power to the lights and you can use either regular fuses or circuit breakers for the low amperage circuits that control the relays from the dash switch.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Maddog13407 said:

nice truck, even nicer trailer. one of those is on my list

Thanks,    I'm sure you noticed I didn't figure out what I'm doing with the bumper yet.     I ran across the trl by luck.   It was only a 2 owner, 35 ton, and has 8 almost new tires.   About 4 layers  of pealing paint is the worst part. It has 0 rust besides some very minor surface rust.  It will also need 1 deck board once i start using it.   I gave $4500 for it.   

Edited by Hobert62

6" pipes?  Do you have any kind of muffler on it?  I know the drone(large diameter pipe) will wear on you quickly.  I ran a single 5" pipe many years ago with my Dynomax muffler under the cab.  One trip, one hour away and I was holding my ears on the way home.  It was horrible, no matter how cool it looked.

I bought a stock muffler and tried that.  Even that was horrible and on long trips I was getting headaches. I quickly put the Dynomax back under the cab and a single 4" stack.  That was bearable.

Larry

Yes they are 6". They will be 3' taller when truck leaves my garage (only a 8' door).    No I didn't put a muffler on it.  It has  pretty mellow sound from the exhaust over all the other noise right now.  I will deal with that once all the extra holes in the firewall are taken care of,  and the dog house fits tight  I'm just excited that I got to drive it finally.        I would love to take a road trip to NJ someday to get a pic of it parked with the bi-plane, but that's not going to be any time soon.  

Edited by Hobert62

Happy you got it out and drove it.  Just fair warning that you may find that you don't care for it after taking a trip with a trailer on it.  That big pipe will really drone badly, no matter how tall.  It's the resonance, like a big gong.

Dynamat around the inside of the cab will help drastically.  Just the sheet I put on the firewall really helped mine.  I put some on the inside of the doors to help with the tin can sound when you close them.

Larry