"Owner's Pride" Fire Truck Pictures on ODHFS Web Site

fxfymn

ODHFS, the Virginia Chapter of SPAAMFAA has started a new feature on their web site called "Owner's Pride". Pictures of each member's rig(s) along with a description are now on the web site. If you click on each picture and then go to the lower left side a description of the truck will appear. Very neat stuff!

http://www.odhfs.smugmug.com/

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

6 hours ago, j hancock said:

Boy, that is a LOT of equipment!  I wouldn't mind having the GE Jeep.  Never seen a convertible Ford Budd cab either.

Or the open cab CF's!    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Semi-cab Ford "C" models were rare; that was about the time that manufacturers and fire departments were getting away from open and semi-cab trucks. There was one

Mack "N" model fire truck with a semi-cab, the only Mack "N" model ladder truck built, delivered to Marcus Hook, PA in 1962. It had a 750 GPM pump and a 75' Maxim ladder.

Unfortunately, in the early '80s the Mack cab was replaced with an IHC "Cargostar" cab. 

fxfymn:

How's the 1925 'AB' fire truck coming along?

bulldogboy

The Maxim ladder truck from Long Meadow looks like it's in Fantastic shape!

It could be yours; check out the for sale items on the ODHFS site. It is in really nice shape. The owner died a couple of years ago after he had the truck painted and completely equipped. He was from western MA and really concentrated on Maxims from that area. The club has helped the family dispose of most of the 15 or so trucks and a warehouse full of parts that he left.

Semi-cab Ford "C" models were rare

Funny, I never thought of them as rare as there were quite a few around in the early 70's when I started here. The two Ford/Youngs on the site were quite unique because they had "windshields" in front of the jump seats as well as the back step. I believe Young only made 4 of those with at least one being involved in a LODD wreck and being totaled. The other one took a boat ride to Central America as part of a State Dept. assistance program we took part in. (We lost a significant part of our early apparatus history through that effort.)

How's the 1925 'AB' fire truck coming along?

Thanks for asking. It's coming, but like all restorations it is taking far longer than I thought it would. Life has this nasty habit of interfering with my plans to spend time working on it. My hope was to have it done next spring, but I'm pretty sure that will stretch to 2018 at best.

Edited by fxfymn

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!