Diagnostic software

I apologize if this has already been addressed, I tried searching and did not find any answers.  I have a small fleet, 7 trucks total 3 with Cummins power, 2 with Cat, 1 Volvo, and 1 Mack.  The Mack is a 2000 CX613 with the E7-427 and the Volvo is a 2000 VMN with the D12.  I am looking for recommendations on software and devices to read and adjust engine and body controller parameters on the Mack.  I have Insite for the Cummins and and a friend has a Snap-On scanner that does the Cats.  All I can find that will allow both read/clear dtc as well as adjust parameters is the Mack/Volvo software from the dealer for about $1,000 with the interface cable.   The only good part about the dealer software it it claims to work on all Mack and Volvo products from 98-2010, so I may be able to justify it between the two trucks.  

I like to do my own repair, hate waiting on a shop, my Volvo is typically in the shop for no less than 30 days every time it goes there, no exaggeration.  I can find generic scanners to read/clear some codes, but need to be able to adjust the speed limiter, tire rpm, idle shut down, enable high idle, fan cut in/out points, etc just like I do on my other trucks.  Any advice or suggestions?

I would also entertain a local Mack tech from northeast Pa or northwest NJ (Pike, Wayne, Sussex, Orange counties) that has their own computer and wants some side work and is willing to help diagnosis and/or repair my trucks.

20160326_141926_resized.jpg

20160326_142423_resized.jpg

Where in PA are you?  Im in Hackettstown, NJ near the Water Gap.  I have all factory diagnostic programs including Volvo tech tool.  Cummins Insite I have master access. Same with CAT,  I have factory passwords.  

Ive used just about every option in diagnostic software and nothing will beat the OEM programs. The Snapon scanner is very limited in heavy duty in regards to specific diagnostic tests. Essentially everything else on the market is a glorified code reader. 

I am in Lords Valley, park the trucks in Dingmans Ferry.  My Aunt was from Hackettstown, she was a computer programmer for M&M back in the 70's, most of my dad's family is still in the area.

We could use some diagnostic help every once in a while.  So far I don't have any pressing issues, although I do need my speedometer re-calibrated on the Mack, tire size has been changed so it will need the tire rpm updated, just not ready to make the change yet, I may be going back to the oem size when I put new tires on it next month.

• 3 weeks later...