New to Macks/opinion on a truck?

Hello everyone, new poster here but been looking around the site a while. Wanted to get some opinions on a Mack I'm looking at since I've never used one. It's a 2000 CH CH613 with E7 motor at 350 HP. It's got 310,000 miles and just had a new turbo but in. 10 speed manual tranny with 417 rears. Overall truck looks extremely clean, owned by a private guy, new tires, no leaks, just a real well kept truck by the looks of it. Is there anything to worry about with this truck? Do you think this combo has enough HP to pull 80,000 at 65 mph? We run end dumps and it's about an 80 miles round trip but hardly any hills. Also curious about low end torque on these things? We go in and out of fields and have to start from standing still with a full load on soft ground. The truck I'm running now (International 8100 with M11 cummins) struggles mightily to get moving with that on. Also any other tips or things to look for would be appreciated. Have a few friends who are telling me not to do it cause they say Macks' are to brand specific/expensive but we have a dealer about 80 miles away that I hear is pretty good. What say you??? Thanks...............

4 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

Mack's are usually pretty good mudders depending on how the rear end is set up. Should be able to kick that up another 50 HP without too many dollars.

A 2000 e-7 should pretty much be bullet proof.

Agree With James  bullet proof! That ratio of diff is not so much,  but still  decent choice!

I have a 97 ch with the 350 and 417 rears. I also have a 10 speed and pull a triaxle dump. I have had no issues with this set up. It's not the fastest to get to 65 but can and does do it everyday. I run up to 88,000 lbs.

Not as familiar with such light duty Mack's. As we run double that weight everyday, but I would see no issue with that setup. I mean the only drawback is the 10 speed. I prefer my 18spd for in the landfill and off road situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk