getting on to the latest page

mrsmackpaul

Now Im fairly thick as most of you know but for the life of me I cant work out how when I click on a topic how click straight onto the last page like we used to I have to click on the topic the first page opens and then I click onto the last page 

Obviously I am the only one having this problem must be my upside down computer LOL

any ideas anyone

Paul 

Hmmm...not sure.  When I click on a topic, it automatically goes to the last unread post.  I'll look around in the user control panel settings and see if there is something you need to turn on.  Any one else have this issue?

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

when i pick a topic with more than one page, i see the drop down to choose what page i want with page  numbers showing, and i just click on the highest number to take me to the last page

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I thought when you were on the "new content" page on the old setup, it would display the pages and you could hit the last page and go.  It was saving one step.

With "Unread Content", click the topic and it loads, then click the last page and it loads.

Nice that it is quick about it.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I posted about this issue on the original thread about the software upgrade.

The "go to the new content" command is gone from this version for some reason. You can go to the last page and scroll down to the newest post, but the program does not seem to have the ability to take you directly to the newest post as the old version did. Just slower and more awkward than the old version.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

22 hours ago, tjc transport said:

when i pick a topic with more than one page, i see the drop down to choose what page i want with page  numbers showing, and i just click on the highest number to take me to the last page

I dont get no drop down box so I have to open the topic and then click on last page because when the topic opens it always opens on page one were with old forum if I wanted to open a topic it would have 1234..... and say 44 if there was 44 pages and I just click on 44 not now it just opens page 1 not a big problem I was just wondering if I was missing something 

Paul

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

nope not the same as the old forum ah well I'll on plugging away I might get used to it or find out what Im not doing it sure is harder for me to find my way around at all with the new forum I must be getting slow  

I'm as confused as you are... you're right, last system for 'unread' brought you to the newest entry that you have not seen, it remembered where you left off... even if you were away for a week you could catch up.. now, when I click 'unread content' it takes me to page 1 of the subject and I have to find where I left off and it is not always at the last page... obviously it's my fault... LOL

will someone write a "BMT Forum for dummies" book

BC Mack

• Like 1