BMT Forum Upgrade

Barry

Sorry guys, we had a few issues piling up from the software being a little out of date so we went ahead and upgraded to the new IPB4 software!  I know it is a bit different than the old software but it is safe, secure and should be a helluva lot faster! 

It might be a few days until I get all the old features working again!  Post here if you notice anything missing that I didn't catch!

• Like 2

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Any way to check new content or personal contend like old site?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm learning as well!  This new software is kind of cool but it is a learning curve!

Try UNREAD CONTENT top right...I see some other options once you click that...

bmodel_logo.png

Pictures and signatures will be back soon...the forum is still updating in the background.

I'll be working on some better themes tomorrow!  Don't worry guys, we will get this bad boy back to normal soon! 

bmodel_logo.png

We lost all our friends too?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 3/1/2016 at 8:44 PM, bbob61 said:

I'M NOT SEEING ANY OF THE PICTURES IN THE FORUMS SECTION THAT WERE THERE BEFORE

SO FAR SO GOOD;  PICTURES RETURNED LIKE YOU SAID,  NAVIGATING IS VERY SIMILAR TO BEFORE AND MUCH QUICKER.  GOOD JOB BARRY,  THAT'S WHY YOUR THE BOSS!

Hello Barry and everybody. Its very hard for an French guy to understand all the subtleties of this new site. I regrets the logo with the B and the Titan in red. But you right the speed is much better. Anyway long life to Bigmacktrucks.

Erwan

French enthusiast Mack trucks :D 

How come I cannot attach pictures?  Tried twice this morning the same way I've always done it with the same device and when I try to attach the photo and it tells me I can only post 5mb. One pic shouldn't be 5 mb. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I have added a couple darker themes to the theme changer located at the bottom left of every forum page!  Feel free to try them out and use the one you like!

bmodel_logo.png

Looks like no less than 5 grades of gray are required. 10 would be better.

I'm tying Carbon currently and it's feeling strange so far. And uncomfortabe.

But two others are close to make me blind !!

And please put "Vlad" in the place of my nick name or user name, just don't know how to call it right at the moment.

Hope your headach with the site tuning up will decrease soon.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

28 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

And please put "Vlad" in the place of my nick name or user name, just don't know how to call it right at the moment.

Ok, worked that out. Thanks to the thread announced that option.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On the "Unread Content" page there is an edit button so content can be organized.  Maybe this will help you out.

Nothing on there seems to be the same as what I was used to using.. In the old format there was an ability to go directly to a point in any discussion where new content had been added after the first page was filled. Now I don't see any choice but to go to the last page and scroll down to the new content. Just slower and more awkward than the previous version.

Having been involved in more than a few software "upgrades" at work I know how frustrating this can be. The vendor promises great things, then threatens to not support the existing product until they basically blackmail you into purchasing the new program. When you do you quickly find that it is less robust than the old product, but you are stuck with little choice but trying to make the best of a bad situation. 

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I have the best luck using the UNREAD CONTENT link or the Activity button from up top.  With the activity button, you can fine tune how the threads and posts are sorted and handled.

It is different but you hit the nail on the head...if we would have gotten hacked on the old software, we would have had zero support due to the old software end of life!

bmodel_logo.png