Brockway/Mack frame question

I came across some photos on the brockwaytrucks.org site showing 360 and 361 restorations in progress. The frame looks just like the Mack R and U frame with the tapered rails which flare out at the front. Some of the crossmembers also look similar. Is this just a co-incidence or were Mack and Brockway sharing frame rails?

Sorry, I tried to insert the link to the pages but couldn't get it to work for some reason.

• Like 1

Mack purchased Brockway in 1956. The frame supplier to each may have been the same vendor. For many years, rear frame cross members were the same part between the two trucks. I believe the frame "taper" was similar but I don't think it was a match.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 4 months later...

Not an expert  on the frames but Mr Hancock made it all clear! Now I know why  mack and Broadway shared cabs for so many years.international,Hendrickson,diamond t(my list truck) and I think Hayes and federal shared cabs too. I could be wrong but I think Marmon had its own unique sheet metal.fascinating!