No more boxed filter kits soon?

Was at Mack today for a filter kit and a charge air cooler hose, and the parts guy said that they were not going to be doing boxed filter sets any more. I asked if that was a local thing, and he said no, it was a Mack thing. I got one filter kit, but if work stays good I will go back and get some more.

The same thing happened in the past with my last truck. Cat quit offering a filter bundle, the price went up, and up. By the time I parked it, the one large oil filter was as high as the bundle had been just a couple of years earlier.

I hope he was mistaken, but thought I would put this out there so everyone can be aware.

• Like 1

I would say most of the time I try and get them they never have the kit. Always have to get them individually.

And now the stupid thing with the MP8 motors all the filters are the same color. And they don't come plastic warped. Just have this stupid black plastic cover over the open end and it comes off before you put it in the box.

I used to use genuine Mack because of the close pricing over aftermarket,I received from my dealer. Since I have gotten out of the business,I use Napa or other reputable filters for the BCR. Just wondering. Could have done without a coolant filter as was recommended by my dealer.Used to change it just once a year. Thanks. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA