Vegemite

kscarbel2

I enjoy a hard day's work, but one simply can not start the day off right without Vegemite on toast. However, this month I ran out and had to substitute with UK (Unilever) Marmite. I've long thought that Unilever produces their Marmite by purchasing 55-gallon drums of Vegemite from Oz and diluting it 50 percent with water. What they're producing amounts to a criminal act. Not having had a trip to SEA recently, a Kiwi friend is bringing me a case of New Zealand's Sanitarium brand Marmite, an acceptable alternative to Vegemite, but until then...........if Cameron had any scruples, he wouldn't allow Unilever Marmite to be sold.

Related reading - http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/40897-tim-maikshilo-isnt-fooling-me-its-the-vegemite/?hl=vegemite

would you like me to pop some in the mail ?????

I want to warmly thank you for your kind offer! Though NZ Sanitarium Marmite isn't Vegemite, I can get along with that. Often on the road, I keep a jar of Vegemite (or Sanitarium Marmite) in my luggage at all times. But that Unilever Marmite in the UK, you have to feel for BC Mack and all the other blokes in Great Britain existing on that all their life. It's criminal.

If Tim was savvy, he'd become the U.S. distributor for Vegemite and/or Sanitarium Marmite. Presently, I don't believe there is one.

• Like 1

just did a search on this stuff. going to look around here and see if any can be found it sounds like something worth trying

Just remember, this isn't peanut butter so don't go wacking 1/4 inch of it on your toast.

I have it on toast, and use a generous amount of butter to get a good even coverage.

I want to warmly thank you for your kind offer! Though NZ Sanitarium Marmite isn't Vegemite, I can get along with that. Often on the road, I keep a jar of Vegemite (or Sanitarium Marmite) in my luggage at all times. But that Unilever Marmite in the UK, you have to feel for BC Mack and all the other blokes in Great Britain existing on that all their life. It's criminal.

If Tim was savvy, he'd become the U.S. distributor for Vegemite and/or Sanitarium Marmite. Presently, I don't believe there is one.

You maybe on to something! I need a job since I'm back now!

On 1/16/2016 at 9:52 PM, other dog said:

Geez...next thing you know there'll be a call for a "national ambassador of scrapple" position on here.

I'm surprised to hear someone outside southeast PA knows scrapple. You must have had some at the Bensalem breakfast meeting.

My lovely and gracious wife Victoria is from upstate NY, and until she came to live with me at age 29, had never heard of scrapple. Nevertheless, I cannot convince her to like it. In her defense, I had not tried salt potatoes ( a regional favorite from her part of the world) until she brought me some.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2016 at 10:11 PM, Underdog said:

I'm surprised to hear someone outside southeast PA knows scrapple. You must have had some at the Bensalem breakfast meeting.

My lovely and gracious wife Victoria is from upstate NY, and until she came to live with me at age 29, had never heard of scrapple. Nevertheless, I cannot convince her to like it. In her defense, I had not tried salt potatoes ( a regional favorite from her part of the world) until she brought me some.

I bet the folks in Oz would enjoy homemade Pierogies.

• Like 1

Learned to love scrapple when I lived/worked in northeast PA.. And like the salt potatoes also being originally from upstate NY..

But I still do not like pinto beans or the many greens served here in the south.. Guess that is why my wife calls me a "Dumb Butt Yankee!!!"

• Like 1

Brocky

Learned to love scrapple when I lived/worked in northeast PA.. And like the salt potatoes also being originally from upstate NY..

But I still do not like pinto beans or the many greens served here in the south.. Guess that is why my wife calls me a "Dumb Butt Yankee!!!"

I'd trade my scrapple for a bowl of pinto beans any time.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Take a pack of scrapples from a shelf on Sunday morning, open it and put some Vegemite on... Ughhh!

Don't rmember seeing any of Vegemite or Marmite branded foods in stores overhere.

Probably should look better. Or maybe it's time to put glasses on?

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 1/16/2016 at 10:11 PM, Underdog said:

Here in Western PA its referred to as "punhoss"... don't know why, but when you say scrapple, its the same thing.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

Just remember, this isn't peanut butter so don't go wacking 1/4 inch of it on your toast.

I have it on toast, and use a generous amount of butter to get a good even coverage.

I`m aware that its not peanut butter but I want to try it . may be kinda like kimche smells terrible but if you can get by that its actually pretty good