Vintage COE MACKS

I always wanted a COE to restore. I like the unusual stuff.

I'd like to find a 30's CJ (478 made) or CH (79 made) I don't see that happening :(

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember a group of 5 of those blue day cab F models sitting at LaCombe Mack Sales in Green Bay,Wis. around 1974. They must have been cancellations from Refiners Transport. At least one ended up with Gulf Oil's Exlosives Div. as it would pass my house daily en route to one of the iron mines in the U.P. of Michigan. It pulled a short bulk tanker,an odd configuration for being in Michigan.Nice pics,Paul. Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That last one is not an H-60, it's an H-65

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the correction. My mind read H-65 on the back of the photo but my computer said different. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, Neat pictures. Thanks for posting them. I wonder if any of the CH's or 30MT's survived?

Good question. The 30MT is a MACK badged REO so may be a few. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I have almost never heard about Mack Junior COE!

Need a bit of explanation either - what's H65? Can't imagine anything between H63 and H67 :idunno:

Thank you for sharing these great truck pictures.

And for the one from Mahan's collection also.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

H-64 16 made between 1955-1959 power from EN464 gasoline (?)

H-65 63 made between 1955-1958 ENDL673 diesel (?) 170 HP

Ufff... Intersting was EN464 Thermodyne? Hope it was too late for a flat head gasser.

And what such a misterious ENDL673 could be? A lightweight version with lots of aluminium components for the West coast?? :tease:

And how can you determine H65 looking the picture???

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

EN464 Thermodyne with overhead valves.

ENDL673 was indeed a lighter weight set up utilizing aluminum for the engine flywheel housing, timing gear cover, engine support brackets and frame brackets.

I don't think I could tell the difference between an H63 to an H65 from a picture unless it was a very close up............of the H63/65 emblem!

The H60/61 would be a "Cherry Picker" and it has a distinctive look.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Gary Mahan has a restored 1934 CH daycab with an oil tank on back. It is painted up as an Allied Oil Co. truck which is one of his companies.

I swiped this photo out of the ATHS Show Time magazine.

Didn't see it at his open house in April or else I was overwhelmed by his collection. Too much to take in in one day.

Isn't the 65 also a non sleeper? Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

This original CJ belongs to Barton Burch in Rochelle,IL

attachicon.gifmack_truck_collection05.jpg

There was also a restored green CH tractor at the ATHS convention in Milwaukee,can't remember who had it but the also had a B615,I have hard pics of it but they are put away. Also think there was a restored one at Bob Theimer's auction

The B-61 & CH you are thinking of Mike,belonged to John Hennes Trucking of Milwaukee. Ironically,the B-615 was pictured in my latest Teamster magazine, that arrived yesterday.I was going to mention Burch's Dunn Coal truck,but you beat me to it! Al
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA