B81SX is now in its new home

Congratulations on the new beast.

How bad is it rust wise and the double or triple frame we talked about here but only speculated as to how much rust was in it since it was pushing snow.

It is double framed. Just weighed it this morning and it tipped the scales at 31,000lbs empty. For reference, 'Mater (my '64 B61SX) weighs 26,000lbs empty.

I haven't gone over it with a fine-toothed comb, but as best as I can tell there is very little rust outside of surface stuff. This appears to be very solid and frame rails look in very good condition. Even the underneath of the dump body is in excellent condition. I was prepared to walk away from the truck if there was any significant rust or corrosion issues, but we couldn't find any outside of the bottom interior of the dump body where apparently some dirt (or salt?) sat for a while.

• Like 1

Well that is good news considering what it did in its former life.

So does everything work the way it should? It was priced right on CL but I think a lot of folks like myself figured it had a lot of corrosion issues, knowing it had a plow hooked on her.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."