UNKNOWN Vintage Mack Truck Photo - Help Identify

Hello, I have a very old photo of a Mack truck that I have been unable to identify. I am hoping someone may be able to help and let me know the model of this truck. It is quite unusual because there is no cab on it and the only cover is a canvas that can be pulled over the driver to get cover from the weather. It looks like it is a coal truck because of the men standing on the back with the shovels. You can actually see some of the coal as it comes over the top in places. It is a neat looking truck but I was unable to find anything on it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. - Jon

post-22038-0-55095800-1448856921_thumb.j

• Like 1

click pic

post-3242-0-01478400-1448917047_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You guys are amazing. Thank you very much for your help. It is an amazing picture. Every time I look at it I see something different. I also like the "tire chains" or rope tied around the tires. Just a great old picture. Thanks again, have a great Christmas everyone!

I just read the AACA online newsletter and their trivia question was, "what was the name of Mack's first truck?". Here is their answer:

The Manhattan was the Mack brothers' first truck. Introduced in 1905, the five-ton truck was designed to haul commodities such as coal, building materials and food stuff. The driver's seat was over the engine. Mack's first commercial vehicle was a bus built in 1900 for sightseeing in New York.
Source:
Automotive Milestones: Trivia of a Most Unique Machine

Idid`nt have a clue what year it was but i would :) have guessed the ser # was less than 20

50 to 100 a year including mostly buses until 1911 when truck production ran up to 600 a year, but MACK was also building railcars and locomotives between the 1900 and 1911time period.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE