The EH and EQ's were larger models and many were made. A very few E's were made with Lanova diesels. The rest were gasoline engines. The typical EH/EQ is a single axle.

If you did find one with Lanovo diesel, parts are like hens teeth.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I had a EQSW log truck until 2014 . sold it to a guy thats going to put a Dodge (CUMMINS) diesel in it .When I bought it in 85 it had a REO GOLD COMET engine in it but I put the Mack EN 354 back into it.It was one of 3 that were bought in 1948 in the next town over from here and I remembered them from when I was A kid.Big truck in those days because most log trucks like my dad's were all tandem FORDS

Saw an 1937 EH-2D tandem at a show a while back. Had a transfer case and a separate drive shaft back to each rear and a non running Lanova diesel.

Best info on all the E series most info from the MACK museum.

http://www.amazon.com/Mack-Eh-Ej-Em-Eq-Er-Es-1936-Through-1950/dp/1882256395

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That book covers the most of the questions on E-models, not many of technical ones though.

There are pictures of amazing tandem E's and incredable EQU2D or SW.

Don't remember seeing anything like that one else where.

By the word it seems like early E tandems used twin shaft setup with transfer case like Paul described, there's photo in the book.

And the later ones had the bogie (or the most of the chassis) of the kind like LFSW had. Or what I have in my military Mack, just common Mack rears with power divider.

Our Portugese member (Mack_Portugal) has interesting 1948 EH tractor with running Lanova diesel.

post-3971-0-90338000-1445081802_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Pretty cool thing.

I'd like to bring it back to life using some EHU as a donor.

Sorry not ready to carry such a deal.

Those rears look 44000 or heavier. Are they?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 3 years later...

35 minutes ago, Canguro said:

Hi All,

I have a 1949 EE Mack with the flathead gasoline engine. Even though it runs, I'd like to rebuild the engine, but before pulling it down, I want to see what new (NOS) parts I can find. 

Any and all leads will be appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

DSC02445.JPG

DSC02446.JPG

DSC02447.JPG

This PDF file will get you most all you need for your entire truck. Eleven pages of dealers and suppliers

https://www.macktruckshistoricalmuseum.org/-/media/files/museum/parts-suppliers-for-old-trucks-2017-jan-4.pdf/?la=en

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE