The "killer" And "unleashed" Mack

I went to the Lucas Oil Hot Rod Semi event Monday night at the Washington County (PA) Fair and got to have a nice conversation with Dick Bonner about his Dale Francis built Mack Superliner they affectionately call "Killer". That truck is a masterpiece! I also got to check out Chad Rodgers new variation of his truck called "Unleashed". It was a cab over Cruiseliner the past few seasons and over the winter they built a new R-model version. It only has a 6 cylinder single turbo'd Mack for power, but as an old dog lover, I think it is absolutely outstanding! Also, hopefully by the end of the week I'll have video's uploaded also!

Check em' all out...

Killer!

DSC09373.jpg

DSC09374.jpg

DSC09376.jpg

DSC09377.jpg

DSC09379.jpg

DSC09381.jpg

Unleashed!

DSC09390.jpg

DSC09412.jpg

DSC09414.jpg

DSC09430.jpg

Man that is some nice "tig work" on that exhaust. I'm still teaching myself, but hope to be somewhere near that good.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 year later...

Well.. Being from good ol' PUERTO RICO I do not ever and I mean ever had the chance to see this kind of SUPER RIGS or HOT HOT ROD SEMIS.Mainlly because here we built BIG RIGS for DRAG RACING. But I have to say that the most powerfull DIESEL ENGINES are built for the HOT ROD SEMI /SUPER RIG SERIES and other categories.

I noticed the power of the MACK E9 ENGINES used in TRUCKS on all this classes. There is a truck driven by GREG DEAN named BAD DOG wich they claim put 5,000 HP out of the awesome MACK E9 ENGINE. This V8 MACKS are powerfull and blow my mind. But my jaw really dropped when I knew about that BLUE MACK R truck named UNLEASHED. Powered by a SMALL DISPLACEMENT MACK IN-LINE 6 CYLINDER DIESEL ENGINE with only ONE TURBOCHARGER. (TRUCK ENGINE!! /they only call it "MACK 400" engine) I have to say this one is my favorite. The UNLEASHED TRUCK of RODGERS' REPAIR SERVICE is driven by KENDRA RODGERS who is 17 years old. And the most atonishing fact is that thi MACK is a crowd favorite in the classic battle of DAVID VS GOLIATH the little MACK can take out some of the competition trucks that use BIG DISPLACEMENT (1150 cid) CUMMINS QSK19 (Truck engine?) with 3 turbochargers.

So MACK MAKES IT MACK SHAKES IT.

UNLEASHED. It sounds so good, so sweet, so MACKNIFICENT!!! Take that CUMMINS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5IU6cplxzQ

GREG DEAN'S BAD DOG MACK SUPERLINER.

IT WILL BE NICE TO SEE THE POTENTIAL OF A HIG HORSEPOWER BUILT MACK E9 ENGINE ON THE DRAG RACING SCENE. I GUESS THAT A DRAG RACING RIG BUILT WITH A POWERFULL MACK E9 ENGINE WILL RUN GOOD. (WE HAVE A DRAG RACING MACK TRUCK HERE IN PUERTO RICO NAMED DUMONT TRANSPORT. POWERED BY A MACK E6 ENGINE IT CAN RUN 11.83 SECONDS ON THE 1/4 MILE. ON AUSTRALIA THERE IS A MACK TITA BUILT FOR DRAG RACING WHO IS SUPOSSED TO HAVE RUN AN 11.61 SECONDS PASS ON THE 1/4 MILE WITH MACK E9 V8 POWER!!!!

BANDAG TITAN. DRAG RACING RIG POWERED BY A 2,000 HP MACK E9 ENGINE. WITH 2 TURBOCHARGERS.

A case of "the little MACK that could" as ROB RODGERS UNLEASHED MACK CRUISELINER with a 400 MACK 6 in line engine and single charger beats Don Snyder's Mr. nasty powered by a cummins qsk-19 with 3 chargers. Enjoy.

Thake that CUMMINS QSK19 "truck engine"....

I say we need to take up a collection and buy that poor girl some new front wheels for that R model.Or didn't anyone else notice???

Why did you say that??? Whats wrong with the wheels????? Notice what???

For the engine it has (small displacement MACK in-line 6 cylinder), that MACK truck is making an excelent job. She is 17 years old and took controls of that awesome SUPER RIG. You got to give her a chance to improve her skills.

I would do anything to drive one of those MACK SUPER RIGS.

Go UNLEASHED!!! bite them all.

Why did you say that??? Whats wrong with the wheels????? Notice what???

For the engine it has (small displacement MACK in-line 6 cylinder), that MACK truck is making an excelent job. She is 17 years old and took controls of that awesome SUPER RIG. You got to give her a chance to improve her skills.

I would do anything to drive one of those MACK SUPER RIGS.

Go UNLEASHED!!! bite them all.

They have oval hand holes. At least they didn't have the audacity to paint them red, (of course they didn't; They want to make it to the end of the track without a wrecker call)!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 weeks later...

SOME OF THE BEST RUNS FOR THE MACK CRUISELINER PULLING TRUCK NAMED UNLEASHED.

SECOND TRUCK AFTER THE SILVER BULLET 1 MACK SUPERLINER (MACK E9 V8)

"UNLEASHED" MACK CRUISELINER IN ANOTHER FULL-PULL RUN. MACK POWER FOR EVER!!! (FIFTH TRUCK)

UNLEASHED MACK R-SERIES PULLING TRUCK (HOT ROD SEMI /MODIFIED SEMI)