MACK OF NASHVILLE "CROOKS OF NASHVILLE"

bulldogmack42

I am sick and tired of being lied to and overcharged!!! i purchased a 07 cx613 from the mack dealer in nashville tn in Oct of 2014 and after getting the truck home I noticed that the engine fan was running continuously so I called the salesman Matt and advised him of the issue and also that I would be bringing it in when I had time, several months passed before I could get it there but when I finally did the technician mike hooked it up on the computer and and it showed ac pressure switch on and fan clutch on, after some poming around he diagnosed it as a bad circuit in the ecm, well me being just an average joe I didn't have the $1500 extra dollars for a ecm so I had him leave it alone till I could save the money, they charged me $591 for the diagnosis and I paid it and left very unhappy. A few days later my other truck a 2004 cx613 was wrecked and totaled by a driver in oklahoma so when I got it home I removed the ecm and headed back to nashville wit that ecm to have it programmed and installed. I stood at the mack dealer this time for 6 hours while they updated their system, I walked into the service area to get a drink of water and as I started beck to my truck I met mike the technician at the door and he stated that my old ecm would not reprogram and the ecm I brought would not even crank my truck, I knew this was a lie because I had already installed it and had the truck running with it on so I had him reinstall it in front of me to show me that it would not crank the truck and when he did the truck cranked, he hooked it up to the computer and my engine fan still ran, he again advised me that I still needed a ecm because the same circuit was bad in this one as well, now I'm really confused because I have worked on trucks my whole adult life and the odds of two computers in a row having the same issue was possible but rare and I knew the fan operated correctly on the other truck so why not now, Mike had hooked up a test ecm when I was there the first time and my fan kicked out so it had to be some truth to the whole bad ecm diagnosis right? Well still not having $1500 for a new one I asked if I could run Mikes test ecm while a new ecm was on order and Mike said he would do that if the service manager would sign off on it and the service manager did, Mike then proceeded to hook his test ecm up and after hooking it up this time my truck wouldn't crank with it on it, we'll now I'm really confused so I left, the next day I got in contact with tucker truck down in eldorado arkansas and spoke with Mike Fielder which is their service manager and told him the whole story, he told me that more than likely my high pressure switch was bad and since my truck came with the apad system to remove the apad and install the older style high pressure switch and fan control, I did and it fixed the problem. I thought about it for a day or two and decided that since I had went thru so much trouble and so much of my time was wasted over a mis diagnosis that I deserved my money returned from mack of nashville so I called and asked, I was quickly told NO and my calls went unanswered after that, I filed a complaint thru the mack one call and still could not get my calls returned, finally today I got thru to the service manager loyd Morris and he pawned me off on someone else named brian, brian was also a total dick and started calling the other dealership " the one who actually cared and fixed my issue" a bunch of shade tree mechanics and stated that Mike was his best technician and he was going to stand behind him, he started trying to twist the story around saying my truck was diagnosed as needing a ecm and a high pressure switch from the begining and that I didn't want to do that and that they had ordered me a ecm and had to pay a 15% restocking fee for that, MCMAHON TRUCK CENTER, MACK OF NASHVILLE, LOYD MORRIS, MIKE MORGAN, AND THIS BRIAN ARE CROOKS they will cheat the honest man out of his money, instead of helping all they want to do is rip you off, this place is not a reputable dealer do not deal with them, I will be filing a law suit against them and have already contacted an attorney! This may just be $500 to them but to me it's hard earned grocery money that should have went towards feeding my kids. By the way just to add insult to Injury the service manager loyd Morris let it slip to me that the reason my truck wouldn't crank the second time with Mikes test ecm was because mike did something to it so that it wouldn't crank because he didn't want someone out running around with his ecm on their truck HOW SHITTY IS THAT, to damn chicken to just say NO!!!! If any of you need assistance from a reputable dealer and all around good bunch give Tucker truck a call in Eldorado Arkansas a call, Ask for Mike Fielder, they and he will go the extra mile to help

• Like 1

It's moments like these you wished you had recorded the whole thing on your cell phone I always swear I will record it all next time but never do

Good news most of us have been shafted like this at some stage in our life the bad news it will most likely happen to you again before you fall off the perch

Good luck with it all but dont waste time on phone calls anymore write letters and send in registered mail it takes away all the he said she said bull

Paul

Yes I am aware that Mike is a member but it is what it is and I hate it had to come to this but that dealership and those involved were dishonest and as for the mack assist they offered to help resolve this issue and made n attempt to do so. All I ask for is to be honest with me and for them to return my money and all I got was a bunch of bull in return so I will never ever deal with them again, I'm not trying to offend anyone just telling the truth

repairs are all a fortune these days,,,alotta times when you think a thier taking you,,,concider thier overhead,and cost of doing bussiness,,,,and allota times,,,they did give you a break,,,and they really didnt even make anything on you,,after everything is settled....sounds to me,,,you have no operating revenue,,,and your frusterated,,,and mad at the world.lol.sorry..bob

• Like 2

From what I can see by removing the apad and installing the old style AC High Pressure switch and Fan Control Module, the ECM's "bad circuit" was by-passed. Their initial diagnosis was most likely correct

Still, it does not justify how you were treated by the service department. Any customer should be helped at any cost. It's for good public relations

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

bulldogmack42 hope everything works out for you!! Don't like to be lied to either!!

Tri-State Truck Center in memphis has A "master mechanic" that will lie to you!!!! Don't have anything good to say about their service manager either!!!

I Cant speak for Tri State Mack in Memphis Now but back when Dad, Pop & Myself dealt with them they were pretty straight forward with us .

Pop & Dad had been dealing with them since 1968 when Dad had a Couple B Models including my namesake .

I Hadnt dealt with Tri State Far as buying parts or service dept since April 2005 when Pop passed .

I Have been down there since to pick up parts for buddies of mine that still deal with them .

Alot has changed down there. Alot of folks that i knew in the Memphis Office are gone & retired .

Matter fact Out my 5 days in the gym , i'm in the gym 3 days with one of Tri State Mack's Retired Salesmen

. He traveled quite a bit & has some good stories to tell . I Like sitting @ the table after a workout drinking coffee on those mornings listening to some of his stories .

I'm still trying to get him on here ..lol .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I really thought alot of the tech I spoke about till it came to this situation, Everyone makes mistakes and GOD willing I will make many more and I have no issues with others who make them, what I have issues with is the inability to acknowledge that you made one and own up to it, all this was is a simple misdiagnosis and actually I wanted my money credied towards future parts I didn't even want any actual Money to exchange hands,my understanding is that the apad system takes the high pressure switch and fan control away from the ecm and The apad controls it so by removing the apad system you are actually placing those controls back on the ecm therefore making the diagnosis wrong and that circuit in the ecm operated corectly, this is why he could not fix it with a flash of my ecm and also why my extra ecm allowed the fan to run as well

• Like 1

Sounds to me like they did what they could and to my knowledge what you did to "fix" the issue removed control of the switch from the ecm thereby bypassing the issue not fixing the issue like 41chevy said earlier. I know everyone in that service and management team myself and I have NEVER heard of Mike or Loyd trying to screw someone. I also have worked on truck for several years and I have seen issues where changing the ecm either caused a no start till it was disconnected and restarted or made issues worse. I have also seen ecm's that wouldn't take a program. I'm not saying what happened was right or wrong because I wasn't there but I know mike would stop on the side of the road in the dark and rain to help a truck driver if he could so the tid bit about he just saying his ecm wouldn't work being chicken shit ain't right and if you think about it I'm sure you know that too. As for your charges, well the shop has an hourly rate plus shop supplies and parts, at a $500 bill that's only just over 5 hrs of work. From your post it would seem the truck was there more than 5 hours. I hate paying for service too especially if the issue persists but if we don't pay shop fees the shop goes bankrupt then there is no shop when you need it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

How would any of you feel if you took your car to a repair shop and at the end of the day when you went and picked it up they said sorry we didn't fix anything, we couldn't figure it out and by the way you owe us a grand for trying? Or better yet we have diagnosed your car as needing a complete overhaul but didn't do that and charged you 600 andate you found out you just needed a quart of oil? Nobody can honestly say they would be happy about it and if so your not being truthful! Yes I am angry yes I am frustrated and mainl u because I started going to the dealer to avoid this very issue with mechanics unfamiliar with mack and now it seems as if they do the same thing, he knew I was very upset when I paid that 600 and knew that was alot of money to me because we stood and taliked about it and even talked later on the cell phone about it, yes I think he is a good tech don't get me wrong because I do I just think he made a mistake as we all do and Instead of just telLing them he did either him or someone is trying to cover it up, I wish it wouldn't have happened and I would give anything if it hadn't or maybe if they hadn't acted the way they did about it but they did and somehow are trying to make it my fault that they didn't diagnosis it correctly and that chaps my ass!! Make a mistake and own it for GOD'S sake and let's move on, I have worked on trucks my entire life and have NEVER EVER done anything like this, if I ever made a mistake like this I always ate the labor period, why should you get paid for something done wrong? Anyways I have said enough about this and am sorry to have taken so much time up about this.....

How would any of you feel if you took your car to a repair shop and at the end of the day when you went and picked it up they said sorry we didn't fix anything, we couldn't figure it out and by the way you owe us a grand for trying? Or better yet we have diagnosed your car as needing a complete overhaul but didn't do that and charged you 600 andate you found out you just needed a quart of oil? Nobody can honestly say they would be happy about it and if so your not being truthful! Yes I am angry yes I am frustrated and mainl u because I started going to the dealer to avoid this very issue with mechanics unfamiliar with mack and now it seems as if they do the same thing, he knew I was very upset when I paid that 600 and knew that was alot of money to me because we stood and taliked about it and even talked later on the cell phone about it, yes I think he is a good tech don't get me wrong because I do I just think he made a mistake as we all do and Instead of just telLing them he did either him or someone is trying to cover it up, I wish it wouldn't have happened and I would give anything if it hadn't or maybe if they hadn't acted the way they did about it but they did and somehow are trying to make it my fault that they didn't diagnosis it correctly and that chaps my ass!! Make a mistake and own it for GOD'S sake and let's move on, I have worked on trucks my entire life and have NEVER EVER done anything like this, if I ever made a mistake like this I always ate the labor period, why should you get paid for something done wrong? Anyways I have said enough about this and am sorry to have taken so much time up about this.....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the problem with all of this it all depends on what side of the counter your on

If you owned a shop and spent six hours trying to get to the bottom of a problem would you just let the customer take it away with out paying anything for your time I would think not or worse still if the if you had to pay a mechanic to try and fix a problem in your shop for a customer would you not want to get paid for the mechanics wages of course you would

But if your the customer and and your truck goes into the shop and comes out still not working would you want to pay for it of course you wouldnt

and then if you had a shop and a customer brings in second hand parts and wants you to try and fix their truck using second hand parts and the problem still isnt fixed you wouldnt want to try and use second hand parts to start with and then if it all goes pear shaped you have to deal with the drama of trying explain to the customer why and then give him a bill and a truck back that still isn't right you no the customer is gunna be in a shitty mood , are you then expected to do all this stuffing around and not get paid I think not

I can see it from both sides I can see you feel like you have been screwed but I think if you are honest with your self and you could take a step back the shop has to charge you for something the truck was in their shop getting worked on and they need to get paid for that whether the problem was fixed or not

I guess if you loaded the wrong item on a truck whether its your fault or not and drove 3000 miles and when you get to the other end its not what they wanted you would want to get paid for driving 3000 miles

perhaps before you go down the road any further you might need take half a dozen steps back and try and see it from their side because if you take it to court no one wins ever and perhaps it all might look a bit different if you took a step back and have a long hard think they have got to charge you something for their work

good luck

Paul

• Like 2

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the problem with all of this it all depends on what side of the counter your on

If you owned a shop and spent six hours trying to get to the bottom of a problem would you just let the customer take it away with out paying anything for your time I would think not or worse still if the if you had to pay a mechanic to try and fix a problem in your shop for a customer would you not want to get paid for the mechanics wages of course you would

But if your the customer and and your truck goes into the shop and comes out still not working would you want to pay for it of course you wouldnt

and then if you had a shop and a customer brings in second hand parts and wants you to try and fix their truck using second hand parts and the problem still isnt fixed you wouldnt want to try and use second hand parts to start with and then if it all goes pear shaped you have to deal with the drama of trying explain to the customer why and then give him a bill and a truck back that still isn't right you no the customer is gunna be in a shitty mood , are you then expected to do all this stuffing around and not get paid I think not

I can see it from both sides I can see you feel like you have been screwed but I think if you are honest with your self and you could take a step back the shop has to charge you for something the truck was in their shop getting worked on and they need to get paid for that whether the problem was fixed or not

I guess if you loaded the wrong item on a truck whether its your fault or not and drove 3000 miles and when you get to the other end its not what they wanted you would want to get paid for driving 3000 miles

perhaps before you go down the road any further you might need take half a dozen steps back and try and see it from their side because if you take it to court no one wins ever and perhaps it all might look a bit different if you took a step back and have a long hard think they have got to charge you something for their work

good luck

Paul

The difference with hauling the wrong thing 3000 miles is the driver wouldn't get paid. We are expected to do extra or wait around for hours for free while everyone else gets paid. I had the same happen with my R model. Dynatard stuck and wiped out the motor I pulled the motor and had it rebuilt. A few weeks later the rear seal started leaking and they wouldn't fix it because I pulled it out. I dropped the tranny and he sent a mechanic up and put another seal in. Two weeks later it leaks again he wanted me to pull motor again .i wasn't doing it. Took to them they dropped tranny and put two more seals in and they leaked. He called company and they said they were having problems with wear ring. He went to mack and got seal and it was good. Charged me another 1700 on top of the 18000 I already paid. I didn't see how it was my problem he used bad seals I paid for rebuild it should have been covered. I lost 8 weeks of work over this.

Don't feel bad we have them in Connecticut bought a new 2001 Rd 8LL trans it jump out of 7 gear from day one it went in twice for poppet balls and springs then it was out of warranty then they pulled the trans put slide clutch fork and bearing kit and a bill for 3500,00 And on the way home from the Hartford ct dealer it still did it ,One lady from from their office did call for payment told her they didn't fix the problem so I didn't pay and never herd again ,Went on to smaller dealer were things are still done with a hand shake and cheaper prices :SMOKIE-LFT::whistling:

Ed

$591.00 labor & 0 results

VS

1 phone call & 100% results; but shade tree fix

Hate to have to pay your phone bill; how much did tucker charge?

Back when I did mechanic work; we bent over backwards to help people; if we didn't have new part to fix & had used one we would let them use til new part came in; IF they were getting us to get new part in; they wouldn't been charged anything til new part came in and installed & fixed; that was back in the 90's; They are still in business