94' RD, 300 hp, 13 sp, 3.63 gears ......Today I got 6.4 mpg hauling drywall on my flatbed. I normally get 5.5 to 6.0 mpg. I tried a different driving style though after reading an article on fuel mileage. I am going to try it again on monday, and I will let you guys now how it worked out. Hey Warpman I saw you out and about the other day. Once in Plainfield. and then in Marengo one afternoon. That's a pretty straight looking R model you have. See ya around. Brad

63 B61 300+ 13 speed roadranger 3.87 rears, i do have cruise control witch may help. bobtailing to Walcott, IA last year i got 10.5 mpg, this year going to Macungie PA. i got 10 mpg. didnt think that was too bad, i ran the speedlimit most of the time. Ron

94' RD, 300 hp, 13 sp, 3.63 gears ......Today I got 6.4 mpg hauling drywall on my flatbed. I normally get 5.5 to 6.0 mpg. I tried a different driving style though after reading an article on fuel mileage. I am going to try it again on monday, and I will let you guys now how it worked out. Hey Warpman I saw you out and about the other day. Once in Plainfield. and then in Marengo one afternoon. That's a pretty straight looking R model you have. See ya around. Brad

Well how about that! My main office is in Plainfiled, and we have an additional farm in Marengo. What color is your truck? Then I will be able to recognize you.

Stew

My macks have the best of any of those... they dont go for one reason or another, so they just sit and think about drinking fuel, but they dont use a drop!

97 CH 427 WITH BIGGER INJECTORS 2090 417S DUMP TRAILER LOADED ONE WAY MILLION MILES 8.3 ON CRUISE

We have a couple Mack CH's with a million miles on them. The one has only had rod and main bearings a few times. It uses about a gallon of oil between changes and still gets 5.5 - 6.0 mpgs. It runs decent (won't snap your neck), but it goes every day. I don't think you could ask for much more than that. Thanks, Brad

hey storkmack,

i noticed in your gallery pictures there is an '85 r-model and the caption says you are in a sod field. its ironic because i work at a sod fam, Central Sod Farms, and we have farms in Plainfield and Marengo. What farm were you hauling for?

Stew

Edited by Warpman89

:SMOKIE-LFT:

1945 EH;EN354 gas flathead six,5 speed direct main,3 speed overdrive Brownie,6.86 rear,9.00-20's. Covereed 300 miles flat towing a '62 Chevy one ton duallie flatbed loaded with truck parts and furniture,(weighed about 8,900 pounds)averaged 7.1 mpg,and about 36 mph. :D Loved every minute of it,too.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

1945 EH;EN354 gas flathead six,5 speed direct main,3 speed overdrive Brownie,6.86 rear,9.00-20's. Covereed 300 miles flat towing a '62 Chevy one ton duallie flatbed loaded with truck parts and furniture,(weighed about 8,900 pounds)averaged 7.1 mpg,and about 36 mph. :D Loved every minute of it,too.

Speed

never mind,call off the search party again!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I cant beat a story like that maybe it will last another million miles. macks is a good truck I dont guess it has been over hauled has it?
NO IT HAS NOT BEEN OVER HAULED WE HAVE A 94 CL WE ORDERED NEW WITH A E7 400 IT HAS MILLION FIVE ON IT WE JUST OVER HALED IT IT BLOWED A HEAD GASKET AND COULD HAVE PUT IT BAKE TOGETHER RINGS WERE FINE BEARINGS SHOWED NO WEAR MARKS BUT WE DID IT ANY WAY IT STILL HAS ORIGNAL REARS TRANSMISSION NEVER BEEN INTO

never mind,call off the search party again!

:lol: Sorry for being away for so long;my computer went tits up on me and it took a while to get the money together to "blast" the virus' out of it. Now it works again :twothumbsup: ,but they dumped all my pictures and all my shortcuts and Favorites. :thumbsdown: I have to go hunt all that stuff down again;don't know what to do about the pics,some were of vehicles I don't have anymore,and people who are now gone. I guess this would be what I consider a LEARNING EXPERIENCE! NEXT time,I'll be sure to TELL 'em to save the pics! :pat:

Lately I've been trying to put a deal together to get started on scrapping,but the new scrap buyer up here isn't open for business yet. They're waiting on the railroad to get a siding to their property so they can move their stuff. So I'm using most of my time working on projects I've been letting slip. I fixed a couple of ongoing problems on the Harley,had a motor home given to me,gave it to Northern Nevada ABATE,built a storage shed and filled it with stuff I had stored in my shop,now I'm finishing an engine replacement I started a couple of years ago on the Chevy Citation my Dad left me when he passed away. I started on it a couple of years ago,things got busy so I tabled it;last winter I found a deal on a good engine,bought it and it sat in the shop on an engine stand until about a week ago. It's nearly ready to run now;I still have a little wiring and vacuum plumbing to figure out,an oil change,a carb rebuild,a cap-n-rotor and one CV boot to replace,and it should be ready to rock. :o Don't EVER let me work on another front wheel drive!

Speed

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

:lol: Sorry for being away for so long;my computer went tits up on me and it took a while to get the money together to "blast" the virus' out of it. Now it works again :twothumbsup: ,but they dumped all my pictures and all my shortcuts and Favorites. :thumbsdown: I have to go hunt all that stuff down again;don't know what to do about the pics,some were of vehicles I don't have anymore,and people who are now gone. I guess this would be what I consider a LEARNING EXPERIENCE! NEXT time,I'll be sure to TELL 'em to save the pics! :pat:

Lately I've been trying to put a deal together to get started on scrapping,but the new scrap buyer up here isn't open for business yet. They're waiting on the railroad to get a siding to their property so they can move their stuff. So I'm using most of my time working on projects I've been letting slip. I fixed a couple of ongoing problems on the Harley,had a motor home given to me,gave it to Northern Nevada ABATE,built a storage shed and filled it with stuff I had stored in my shop,now I'm finishing an engine replacement I started a couple of years ago on the Chevy Citation my Dad left me when he passed away. I started on it a couple of years ago,things got busy so I tabled it;last winter I found a deal on a good engine,bought it and it sat in the shop on an engine stand until about a week ago. It's nearly ready to run now;I still have a little wiring and vacuum plumbing to figure out,an oil change,a carb rebuild,a cap-n-rotor and one CV boot to replace,and it should be ready to rock. :o Don't EVER let me work on another front wheel drive!

Speed

You're busy as usual I see-i've been on vacation this week. didn't go anywhere,just hung around the house. By the way,my Norton 360 antivirus that came already downloaded on my pc was about to expire and cost $59.99 to renew for a year.I was talking to Old Bill,the diesel gypsy,on Skype the other day and he sent me a link for a free antivirus download called "Avast". He says it's better than Norton. He uses the pro versian himself,but said the free version was all I needed for my pc.I like that part-"free" :D

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You're busy as usual I see-i've been on vacation this week. didn't go anywhere,just hung around the house. By the way,my Norton 360 antivirus that came already downloaded on my pc was about to expire and cost $59.99 to renew for a year.I was talking to Old Bill,the diesel gypsy,on Skype the other day and he sent me a link for a free antivirus download called "Avast". He says it's better than Norton. He uses the pro versian himself,but said the free version was all I needed for my pc.I like that part-"free" :D

Me too-free is good medicine,and I'm not out a cent if it doesn't do what I need done;my Norton expired some time ago so I was relying on a few free-downloads for different jobs. I've used Avast-it's pretty good. I also used "PC-cillin Housecalls" and a registry cleaner I can't remember the name of,they helped,but not enough.

Apparently,this bug had been drifting around in my computer for a while;a couple or three months ago I started having some miscellaneous little troubles,first part of my desktop settings quit working and I couldn't change the desktop picture. As time went on,things just got weirder and weirder,the problems got more invasive,and finally one morning,my desktop picture came up bright red,with that "TOXIC" 3 half-circles emblem in bright yellow in the middle,and nothing would work. I couldn't even kill the pop-ups that were on the screen. "Control/alt/delete" just made more pop-ups that also wouldn't go away.

When I had the shop blast my computer,they reloaded the operating system,with XP Pro,and a lifetime version of AVG;it works pretty well. Kind of a pain to work with though,because it stops just about everything you try to open,and you have to okay it before it'll load. AH,the high price of safety...

My sister was always harping at me"You'd better be careful what you open,you'll end up with a computer virus!!" She hasn't missed a chance to remind me that if I had quit going to all those obscure websites looking for parts and car/truck/bike pictures,I wouldn't have this problem. Well,I guess it's MY turn now,because HER computer has a virus now,and it sounds like it could be a version of what mine had. Not so funny now,huh Sis?

Well,better get to work.

Speed

Say what??? Man...didn't think I'd ever here "Citation" and "RUN" in the same sentence anymore. :D:D

First full unibody car I cut in half, and grafted another onto was a 1981 Citation X-11 series. It ran really well for an "econobox" with a strong engine for the timeframe.

Back in the days when wrecks didn't go total for 1/2 of their value....

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ohhhh X-11..............real hot rod version! LOL!!

Actually had a fellow a few years back make a race car from one. Even back half'd it with 14/32 tires and small block Chevy, bright yeller in color! Have not seen it in quite few years now.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

Well,I have the Citation running.it runs pretty good,and I think it'll even run better when I get all the vacuum lines connected where they really go. Took it for a little test flight today,and I think its gonna be a good'un. Its A/C compressor,s froze up,but that's why windows roll down,and something in the power steering bracketry is goofy and the pump pulley won't line up,so I skipped that. Heck-it doesn't steer any harder than my :mack1: does.:D I guess I can move on to the next project on my list-re-install the new clutch in a Bronco II correctly,try to get the hood relatively straight,take the front bumper and grille off the "yard goat" Bronco II and put that on the "complete" one. Once that's done it'll probably become the current work truck,when the Harley isn't up to the job.(offroad exploration,hauling engines,towing,jump-starting,etc.) anything bigger than the Bronco's capable of,I can use "Mad Max",the Chevy one ton,and it That won't do it,I can drag out the BIG GUNS and drive the :mack1: . I'm trying to arrange things so I use as economical a vehicle as possible for each task. I might have a trailer and/or a pick up sold,so I'll be able to buy some gas and get some work done soon. ( :o I hope I didn't just jinx the deals!!)

Well,gotta go clean up the shop a little.

BTW-my place got "tagged" a couple of nights ago. Some low-life spray painted a dirty word on the Oxy. tank of my torches out in the yard,I KNOW-I shoulda called the cops but it never even crossed my mind,I grabbed a can of black paint and sprayed over it. So NOW,I guess I'll have to start locking everything into the shop,and rolling it all back out every day. This sucks-it'll take me about an hour every day just to clear out the shop so I can work,and put everything back up so it doesn't get used to feed some asshole's drug habit. It wasn't a gang type incident,I think it was just a punk kid,but I'm probably lucky nothing got stolen. Life goes on...

Speed

'67 DM-800 237HP, QUAD BOX,5.XX REARS AVERAGED 5.1 MPG loaded 50% of the time tipping the scale at 77,000#.

'89 FORD LTL-9000 350HP CUMMINS(Pittsburgh Power pump and injectors added another 100hp), 9 speed overdrive, 3.73 rears averaged 6.1 mpg pulling 48' spread axle flats.

'77 KENWORTH W900A 400HP CUMMINS,13 SPEED DIRECT, 4.XX REARS AVERAGES 3-4 MPG GROSSING OUT AT 100,000# WITH 28' DUMP TRAILER