e6 correct oil capacity?

This may not be strait forward either but….. When I change the oil in my E6, I always put 30 litres (7.92 US gallons) back in. Thats including the oil in the filters.

I can't say for sure that is the exact amount. I put oil from a 5 gal can into a smaller container then into the truck. So there is some guessing involved... And if it is a Fri. or Sat. night there might be some alcohol involved.

I based my us gal on….. 1 us gallon is 3.79 litres

Keith

• Like 1

Keith 

This may not be strait forward either but….. When I change the oil in my E6, I always put 30 litres (7.92 US gallons) back in. Thats including the oil in the filters.

I can't say for sure that is the exact amount. I put oil from a 5 gal can into a smaller container then into the truck. So there is some guessing involved... And if it is a Fri. or Sat. night there might be some alcohol involved.

I based my us gal on….. 1 us gallon is 3.79 litres

Keith

I always thought it was a lot more then that. But your probably right.

Ok so we r thinking its about 8-9 gallons?

I think you are in the ballpark - 34 quarts is 32 litres. That is what I always used to put in, but it would be a little over the full mark. Now I do 30 and check .

Unless you have a big oil pan - then I can't help.

All 3 of mine - even the 237 in my 85 take the same amount of oil.

• Like 1

Keith 

I took mine to Speedco 3 filter (58qts) I brought my own Mack filterst, but I think there house filter is Baldwin. They charge the same for the small capacity or larger, so for me I could not buy the oil and jack around with for what the charge and you can stand in the bay and watch.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."