85 snowdog My story

85snowdog

NICE IRON but I have one question, with the drop axle that far forward aren't you light on the steer axle?

Thanks,

about the axle weights. It was setup for the maximum Ontario axle weight laws in 1986. I don't know the specific details of the axle spacing. All I can say is it must be right, because there have never been any issues at inspection stations…. Soon it won't matter anyway. The Ontario government has said we are too stupid to use a lift axle, and unless it is an automatic steering axle, it won't count. So some time soon my tri-axle will only be able to carry a tandem load. Bad dog seems to be well informed on axle weights and the new regulations coming in for us.

Keith 

Nice video! Too bad about your buddy. He's looking down proudly, no doubt! We could have used that plow in Northern Illinois this winter! Only thing,you may have not gotten reimbursed by our state after! :o Good thing you stayed up there! Again,nice video & trucks! :bulldog1:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 weeks later...

Mighty clean unit for a working truck,i'm impressed! I know what it takes to keep one that clean! great video and story,thanks for sharing!........................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 3 weeks later...

He's a guy that can really plow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o9lvMKnLA

I remember that video. The guy got fired for it.

We are told the same thing he says in the video"get the snow pushed back" . In the process of doing that, cars may get buried, driveways get filled. You can't really help it.

He was just enjoying it too much.

Really , its a terrible job. We get threatened, shovels thrown at the truck, cars parked in the way on purpose. And to top it off we are told if we say or do anything in response, we will be fired on the spot. No second chances.

Keith 

Cool vid and very nice trucks,same here in NY with the weight regs,starting in 2015 they want all trucks to have four axles and the drop must be a steerable if you want to haul the maximum allowed weight of 79000 lbs ..

• Like 1

Vision386, Back in Black, AdirondakMack and MACKS, thanks guys for the complements.

My trucks have never been new, but I have always been particular about how they work and look. That means when everyone else was enjoying their weekend, I am usually working on something………….Thats how I enjoy my weekend!

• Like 2

Keith 

Cool video and trucks look great!

Shure being proud of how the unit you drive look nice helps a lot in your hard work.

It worth enjoying weekends on my mind.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012