New York Macks 2

A few more.

2nd photo of Horans Superliner (Think that it was "hairdo's truck ) where was that taken? I don't think Burly Junior has any MACKS any more except his dads B. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Robin Lane Syosset L.I. just before when the LIE is now. About 1963, MACK Rail Unit and B moving the rail unit Oyster Bay Yard to the Jamaica LIRR yard. FYI the Rail unit is reciently restored and in a Connecticut Collection. (pic from Sam Breliner III collection)

samberlllineralbum_zps3baaa92d.jpg

That's the Cerro Wire water tower on the right! (but it looks like it says something else). IIRC the name was lit up in orange neon at night, in plain view (not to be confused with nearby Plainview) from the L.I.E. Just another memory from my childhood that I'll never forget, probably because I looked at it 1000 times or more.

To the left of where the photographer is standing was a Burger King DC in the 70's and 80's.

And to conclude my non-Mack related reply, I think that's a '59-'60 Caddy at the curb, but it's hard to tell.

Jim

i saw that lrvsw it was on a wind turbine job in monroe and florida mass. just north east of north adams mass. i live just over the border in vermont about 3 miles from that site as the crow flies. that old mack and i think a dm800 was there hauling all the tubine pieces up the mtn . the road tractors couldnt get up the hill.

i saw that lrvsw it was on a wind turbine job in monroe and florida mass. just north east of north adams mass. i live just over the border in vermont about 3 miles from that site as the crow flies. that old mack and i think a dm800 was there hauling all the tubine pieces up the mtn . the road tractors couldnt get up the hill.

KooL!

When I took these pictures it was working at bringing new equipment to the Northfield Mountain Reservoir.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

That's the Cerro Wire water tower on the right! (but it looks like it says something else). IIRC the name was lit up in orange neon at night, in plain view (not to be confused with nearby Plainview) from the L.I.E. Just another memory from my childhood that I'll never forget, probably because I looked at it 1000 times or more.

To the left of where the photographer is standing was a Burger King DC in the 70's and 80's.

And to conclude my non-Mack related reply, I think that's a '59-'60 Caddy at the curb, but it's hard to tell.

Always Cerro Wire, DQ, Burger King went into where the Wetsons was on Jericho Turnpike in 1969. A 1960 Caddy still owned by the photog. and where the photographer was standing is now the center of the West bound Service road for the LIE. Thus concludes our tour of Robins Lane, tip cup at the exit. :):)

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2nd photo of Horans Superliner (Think that it was "hairdo's truck ) where was that taken? I don't think Burly Junior has any MACKS any more except his dads B. Paul

h

He has a few Mack's left a couple CL tractors and 3 Superliner tri axles and a Granite.the rest are KW and Pete's . I'm pretty sure The picture of Paul's Superliner is from Englishtown

Local 282 Union Service