Old Truck Stops and Pics

farmer52

Coming from the diner capitol of the world (Jersey),been in my fair share throughout the country but one that was nearby to me, spent most of my time when I was younger was the Deepwater Diner,a good place to "spot trucks" and later on they employed a waitress that was truly "blessed"! Lol!.......................The old place is gone,but they built a new one around it!...........Mark

post-5836-0-68298600-1391017767.jpg

post-5836-0-36595200-1391017813_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-82129400-1391017836_thumb.jp

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Another place that was popular with truckdrivers was the Olympia Diner on U.S.Route 40 in Penns Grove,NJ (long gone) originally,Ken (Farmer52) posted this picture of the postcard,along with some other nostalgic pictures and I explained this diner was literally 5 miles from my house,and we ate there pretty often. I did some research and found out the whole diner lock,stock and barrel has been moved to Baltimore,MD and is enjoying a new crowd of people in an original "Jersey Diner"..............................Mark

post-5836-0-27274700-1391043835_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-20615300-1391043849_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-22529500-1391043868_thumb.jp

Speaking of diners, in Blairsville, PA along Route 22 is Dean's Diner. Not really a truck stop but curious if anyone ate there and if the food is good. 1987 pic from the web. Diner still looks the same today.

67714838.jpg

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

No one bit on my challenge........"WHERE IN THE HELL IS PUCKERBRUSH"

Puckerbrush is also known as "Mill City", Nevada, MM151 on I-80. POPULATION 28; way out there in the middle of no where. To get there, you drive to the end of the planet earth, make a left and drive another thousand miles.The whole town runs, lives and works at the Burns Bros. Truck Stop there. WHERE IN THE HELL IS PUCKERBRUSH is the popular t-shirt that they sell....LOL.......

Slpwlkr doesn't count- he was just there this past summer and tagged himself on Facebook....When I saw it I called him in a panic to tell him to grab me a t-shirt but he had just gotten back onto 80 and dropped the hammer.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Maybe this could have gone on the "Jersey Macks" thread. A retired trucker from my home town gave me this photo. He said he used to stop there when he went out east. May be some one on here will recognize the location. Jake

post-770-0-92729900-1391093056_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Jake,nice picture thanks for posting! I'm always interested in seeing anything Jersey as I was born and raised there! JoeD gets the cigar for guessing the location,the Jersey Truck Center was the original name and location of what later became the Jersey City Truckstop AKA Rubes,routes 1&9 Jersey City,NJ.....................................Mark