Bibeau steel dump body vs OX DUMP BODIES

The OX barrel bodies are nice and hold up well, I like Rogers bodies myself they are based in Nashville TN and make a great dump body, actually they make several great dump bodies. Bibeau is one I have never dealt with they are a northeast thing, I have run R&S and Heil bodies and both hold up well, most of the issues that used to plague dump bodies have been nearly eliminated by going to an elliptical floor and AR400-500 steel, I think the OX, Rogers, R&S and Heil elliptical or "barrel" bodies all seem to hold up well from use here in TN running everything from sand to shot rock, I actually never even got a dent in the R&S and OX AR elliptical bodies hauling some ridiculous stuff. I would say that you need to decide what you plan to haul and go from there, if your going to haul anything from broken up conrete down to sand get an elliptical body made with AR400-500steel if your only going to haul crushed stone and smaller a sheeet and post body will do the job fine and be a lot cheaper, if your planning to go for weight and your hauling crushed stone and sand go for an aluminum body, it will cost more up front like the elliptical but youll make it back over the life of the body.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

black truck has an OX AR400 3/8" thick body, the white truck has an R&S 5/16" thick AR450 elliptical body, both hauled everything from sand to broken up concrete with rebar in it and not a scratch or dent I can remember, the R&S was a little lighter than the OX, maybe 450lb.

post-5240-0-79172800-1379459573_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-85599200-1379459586_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

These are the OX Bodies that fall apart, they arent that great for heavy stuff but work fine for crushed stone and sand/asphalt work.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2955053

These are the OX Bodies that fall apart, they arent that great for heavy stuff but work fine for crushed stone and sand/asphalt work.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2955053

We had a few of those at my old job on "80's R models.We had great luck with and had an unreal amount of use/abuse and they held up well.The newer ones I've heard don't hold up near as well.Bibeu are prob. a much better choice these days,although I've seen many rust out in the Northeast too.

We have a Bibeau/Brandon on our RD. The floor is near perfect but there is nothing and i mean nothing left to the walls. Truck has mostly highway miles and hauled crushed stone and sand and mud and salt but was always washed out after. i dont know what Ox bodies uses for pistons but it has to be better than the junk Bibeau/Brandon uses. Our piston rotted right out.

• Like 1

Matt

The Bibeau in the simi/round bottom is a good bed a friend has one and its older than my round Davis and his has no dents. I have a few small ones but I have had two loads of 36" on.The round bottom Bibeau has a lot of support on the bottom that is covering a large area of the bottom and next time you see one in the air check it out.

glenn akers

I've never run a Bibeau, but I've run Davis, Hilbilt, American, R/S, Heil, and Ox. The Ox is my favorite, but it's heavy duty compared to the Davis and Hilbilt style. The previous owner of the Ox I'm running now refloored it with 5/8" plate front to back, side to side, and changed the channel cross members out to 3" square tubing on 6" centers. It's heavy as all get out but it's straight, and I haul some pretty rough stuff ever so often.

Jake

• 2 years later...

Ox is not terrible but they have their flaws.  Bibeau make a good quality body and is near the top of the market but Beauroc dump bodies are THE top of the industry.  I have run these for quite some time after running many others and find they stand up better than anyone else and the service that I get from the Beauroc network (Norwood Equipment in AZ) is second to none.  

I have compared specs and such but my own use is what tells me what is what.  Specs seem to show that Bibeau, Ox & Beauroc are all pretty similar so I asked what the difference was.  They said it has to do with the design of the Beauroc, basically how they put it together and how they fold their side plates.  I guess the engineering design behind the Beauroc is real solid and as I understand it, the Hardox 450 material performs best when folded like Beauroc sides are.  Plus, it looks real good!  None of that material wave and imperfection that you see in a Bibeau side (flat).  No crossmembers in any of the Beaurocs like you see in some of the southern US body companies so no washboarding or wear that way like you would get with Ox, again, I was told that the Hardox people recommend the design be this way.  I run my trucks hard.  Concrete tear-out, heavy rock and materials hauling. I have never had to refloor a Beauroc.  The body is lighter than an Ox and does a better job of standing up.  Anyways, I am no engineer but I can tell you from personal experience that my Beaurocs have outperformed all the others I have had before.  

Just my two cents...

Tom

i have used them all. bibeau makes a decent body, but they also make a real cheap body that most people buy. they are good for getting rid of the truck with a new body on it. or for people that replace the truck every few years.

bibeau bodys also have an under latch on the tailgate. when the gate pins and latch pins wear, the gate will pop over the latches and open up on a good bump in the road if you do not have turnbuckles locking the gate.

beauroc bodys are twice the thickness on both sidewalls and floors that the bibeau body has. i know of 15 trucks with beauroc bodys that are over 20 years old and still work every day.

beauroc also has an over latch on the gate.the only way the gate will open is if the latch locks are lifted.

R&S and Bristol donald are heavy bodys that last forever.

a friend has 10 DM800's, the newest is a 85. all have bristol donalds,on them, 4 were removed from B models and put on the DM's when bought new.

i have a R&S on the kenworth. it is a good body, but next year when ht enew truck comes in it will have a beauroc on it.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..