Cl Replacement/2008 Models

I for one will not be happy with the new cl or any other truck , new motors will never run like the older ones, or get get the same mpg, and how much are we suppost to pay for a new truck, i talked with a local salesman at mack and when he told me the price of a new granite (tandem dump) i was amaized on how much the prices have gone up. This is only my opinion.

:MackLogo: in june we were on the testcenter and they where testing the mp 10 moters on the track in a new truck whit a 20 inch higher cab and 2 air intakers like the australien superliner i hope that they release him on the louisville show ill be there to see for my self greetings rene :MackLogo::thumb:

• 1 month later...
20080131125609762.pdf

From the newest Bulldog Magazine.

Oh my god I think I have died and gone to heaven! The Titan is coming! Woooooo hoooooo! Ok let me calm down first. Will they have the vertical air intake snorkels as an option? And I bet those Meritor/Volvo planetary axles will be an option. Volvo got one thing right take the toughest truck mack has ever made (No. 1 selling road train hauler in Australia) and bring it to North America. Titan is a very worth name to be put on a Mack truck!

Also since Mack Australia is now inline with Mack America will we see other crossovers like the Metroliner? Would be great if Mack had a premium class 6/7/8 truck to compete with Kenworth and Peterbilt 300.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Saturday January 12, 2008, I-78, milemarker 20

I thought I saw a long nose Mack on a lowboy trailer headed west. It was burgundy with masking tape on it, it looked as if it was going to be striped. It may have been done for camo.

It caught me off guard, I initially thought it was a 9900 International but then my brain caught up with my eyes and I thought I saw a Mack cab.

It looked interesting, not completely as it had been explained. It appeared long, low and sleek, a little more street friendly that how it was described to me before. I heard big, rugged and almost RD-800 ruggedish, I guess not.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Saturday January 12, 2008, I-78, milemarker 20

I thought I saw a long nose Mack on a lowboy trailer headed west. It was burgundy with masking tape on it, it looked as if it was going to be striped. It may have been done for camo.

It caught me off guard, I initially thought it was a 9900 International but then my brain caught up with my eyes and I thought I saw a Mack cab.

It looked interesting, not completely as it had been explained. It appeared long, low and sleek, a little more street friendly that how it was described to me before. I heard big, rugged and almost RD-800 ruggedish, I guess not.

Doug

That sounds like the show truck. Alot of parts are removed and the tape is put on for shipping.

A few weeks back some "big block" customers got an early look. It was also my first chance to the the truck with chrome and a paint job.

:chili::chili: i think that we had a very good look in june when we where at the testcenter and what i placed here on the board is coming out i saw for over 2 years in the mcungie plant a new type of hood in the factory the tour guy told us it was the prototype for a new mack replacement for the cl in june i saw the about same hood in the testcenter near a very huge new model mack truck when i told him the story of the replacement of the cl he asked us how we now and he told us that it was classified we also saw them run over the test track whit the big mp 10 engines in it what a amazing machine i believe that our MACK is back in the market whit this truck and i am glad that we were whan of the first that had a sneek preview thanks mack 3p for posting this gr rene :MackLogo::dwave::clap::clap::clap:

:mack1: hello barry did your sales guys take some pictures of the new truck in las vegas gr rene :SMOKIE-LFT:

No, they were told "No Pictures!' But if I were there...we would have had pictures! LOL :lol:

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

No, they were told "No Pictures!' But if I were there...we would have had pictures! LOL :lol:

:lol: when i was there barry i did the same i had have the pictures before they could say you cant LOL :lol::lol: so i must wait till the con expo and louisville we go to booth shows whit a group from the netherlands have fun gr rene :thumb::bulldog1:

:SMOKIE-RT: Looks really sharp. 1000 times better than a Volvo. What will be available for a power in it? I wish the would bring back another V8 for a truck like that.

the biggest engine would be the new mp 10 whit 600 hp and maybe the mp 8 but that i dont now gr rene :mack1:

I know that the MP 10 is in the family and will be a fine engine, but I think they should offer cummins and cat. This will be a popular truck and broadening the engine base should broaden sales. People buy tucks for different reasons. Some by price, some by name brand, some by dealer, some buy warantee and service and yes many by engine manufacturer. Here in Connecticut mack has lagged due to the big power (Cummins & Cat) in the Petes and Kw's. Mack look at what works and compete. Long live Mack. Stop all this Volvo/New Mack bashing. Macks are still made in America by Americans. They are still made of steal, cast iron, aluminum. Still use lube oil and diesel fuel. Still have dedicated design and engineering people, and they still have one thing no other truck has and never will, the MACK NAME.