Mackdaddy2030

egr delete kit

8 posts in this topic

I am looking at an '05 Vision with a 460 and the EGR problems scare me a little. I have been looking all over, including on here, and cant find any information on a delete kit. Can anyone help me out?

You will likely not find any info here.

Not much to delete on an 05 there's no dpf, no screen, just egr and on those the turbos gave more trouble than anything else. I think the Borg Warner replacement turbos solved those issues but staxx would be the one to ask for sure.

ive heard of guys putting a plate in front of the egr valve thus blocking the whole egr system , i dont know for sure

1 person likes this

If you block it, will there be codes coming up?

1 person likes this

I have performed disabling the EGR system on two of my CHNs.I first removed the EGR valve.I used the mounting gasket to make a block off plate from 1/8 steel plate. If you use thicker than 1/8 ,the studs wont be long enough.replace the valve with plate and gasket.I then removed the EGR cooler.I welded plugs inside each hose nipple w a mig.I did nothing to the coolant nipples,only the air passages.I then took to MACK dealer.They were able to program around the codes .Sorry I dont know how.Engine lamp rarely comes on.No noticable change in perfromance. These mods were done over 2 years ago.

Not much to delete on an 05 there's no dpf, no screen, just egr and on those the turbos gave more trouble than anything else. I think the Borg Warner replacement turbos solved those issues but staxx would be the one to ask for sure.

The Borg Warner turbo's were problematic as well. 2 of my trucks had vane issues.

I have performed disabling the EGR system on two of my CHNs.I first removed the EGR valve.I used the mounting gasket to make a block off plate from 1/8 steel plate. If you use thicker than 1/8 ,the studs wont be long enough.replace the valve with plate and gasket.I then removed the EGR cooler.I welded plugs inside each hose nipple w a mig.I did nothing to the coolant nipples,only the air passages.I then took to MACK dealer.They were able to program around the codes .Sorry I dont know how.Engine lamp rarely comes on.No noticable change in perfromance. These mods were done over 2 years ago.

no gain in fuel mileage or power??