New Hampshire Macks

Here is a picture of my 86 RD-686 dump. I purchased from the original owner 2 years ago after it had been retired in his garage since '08. 300, 6 speed lo-hole.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Beautiful truck good luck with her. Takes me back to a time when all you saw down here in NYC was R models and DMs instead of the Pete's KWs and Volvos. I would trade the KW I drive for that any day of the week. The R models and DMs were such good looking trucks

• Like 1

Local 282 Union Service

Was just looking at the earlier post of New Hampshire Macks and noticed the picture of the black R model " Deere Express" I saw it at the Two Cylinder Expo at New Boston for three days and once at the air port restaurant at Manchester. I wonder who owned it as I never caught up with the owner. Great looking truck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Waiting for spring.

You & me both... Glad to get off the road tonight with the snow and ice accumulating... Found space for my transporter at the Quality Inn Waterbury, CT the state boys were coming in for dinner at Nino's Italian restaurant next door. They're in for a long night.

post-2694-142544273718_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The huge sand and gravel pit in Dover New Hampshire was sold a few years ago to a New York firm I believe. Green Mack RD's and Granites and Peterbilt tractors. :) The Dover Sand and gravel Company used to have yellow RD Macks as I remember. They had a beautiful yellow B model Mack water truck. Does any one know what happened to the B model. It was in great shape about 4 years ago.

Was just looking at the earlier post of New Hampshire Macks and noticed the picture of the black R model " Deere Express" I saw it at the Two Cylinder Expo at New Boston for three days and once at the air port restaurant at Manchester. I wonder who owned it as I never caught up with the owner. Great looking truck.

I think I saw that truck there as well and didn't see anyone near it either. Small world.

Greg

Barney has his name on the door. Lives on Rt 12 in Walpole. He is always glad to talk

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of recent visitors to New Hampshire:

1. Mack tractor from Braun's Express, Hopedale, MA. Braun's is an all Mack fleet and runs the east coast from New England to Georgia. Not long ago Braun's and its

affiliated company, NTS, Normandin Transportation System were featured in "Bulldog" magazine.

2. Pine State Trading Company from Gardiner, ME supplies convenience stores throughout New England. Most of their trucks that I have seen are Internationals and

Chevrolet vans. This is the first Mack that I have seen.

bulldogboy

DSCF0453.JPG

DSCF0458.JPG