Registry: MACK DM800

paul roncetti

Hello Peter, Thank you very much again for the info. So these DM's had the 5 speed transmission with the low reverse and forward making 6 speeds forward and one in reverse, not the 18 speed quadruplex? I imagine they had 12:24 tires and triple frames also. Is A. J. Rizzo still living do you know? Thanks, Paul

RONCETTI

Paul,

Yes the DM 800s all had 5 speed mains with direct, lo and reverse on the second stick. It was always a blast shifting in reverse when we did re-paving projects at NY airports and had to back up a half mile to meet the paving machine.

I rarely got out of direct. It had to be really steep or really muddy with a giant load to use low and shift it as a 6 speed. We ran 12.00x24 but did not have triple frames on all of them. They were rock solid. Combined with good chauffers and good maintenance we rarely had any serious down time. On top of that for fleet trucks working hard conditions they were spotless.

I believe Tony Rizzo passed away in 1988 or so.

• Like 1

What happened to cresci? Are they lembo now? Tailgate looks lithe same as a lembo. Sucks you can't make a living in a truck like that, now it's 44 s with a 17' body and training wheels. I think the best tris that still have that massive tandem look are Anthony Bruno's from si.

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, Again, you are a wealth of information and very precise in your explanations and sounds like you are from a different era and old school. Thats too bad about about Tony, but must have been older by then. Its like Santi Campanella in R.I., he was very old when I was leased out to him but to this day cannot find out what happend to him. No one seems to know and his operation after splitting up with Al Cardi after 29 years in 1968 was huge, at least 1000 pieces of equipment counting everything. Thanks Again Peter....Paul

• Like 1

RONCETTI

What happened to cresci? Are they lembo now? Tailgate looks lithe same as a lembo. Sucks you can't make a living in a truck like that, now it's 44 s with a 17' body and training wheels. I think the best tris that still have that massive tandem look are Anthony Bruno's from s

I agree the Lembo bodies make the truck.

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...