Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kmeitz

Mack Tankers

45 posts in this topic

OH MY GOD YOU DON'T KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM!!!!! Those are sweet!!!! Old style U's. Are these ones still around?

Vinny,

Neither one is still around. They are sweet looking. Does anyone have any photos of PA Mack Firetrucks, they'd like to share?

Man that's too bad. Some good looking trucks there. I hope some others post thier pictures.

Gilbertsville had 3 U model's at one time, two tractors and a tanker. The tanker had originally been a tractor. I am told the one pictured ended up at Grandview, a local dirt track, as the track waterer. I have never gone to look for it. The other tractor was sold a couple of years ago. They told me $8000. I put a lowball offer of $4500 for the tractor and aluminum tandem axle tank trailer. I don't know where it ended up, but I think I have pictures of it and the tanker. I was given Gilbersville's R190 International that pulled a tanker before the U models. It went to a concrete plant and now doesn't have a straight piece of metal on it.

As for PA Mack fire trucks, I have several. You should stop by and see them since you are near by. You can see some pictures in my gallery. I am having computer problems and am unable to post pictures right now. Mike

1 person likes this

Gilbertsville had 3 U model's at one time, two tractors and a tanker. The tanker had originally been a tractor. I am told the one pictured ended up at Grandview, a local dirt track, as the track waterer. I have never gone to look for it. The other tractor was sold a couple of years ago. They told me $8000. I put a lowball offer of $4500 for the tractor and aluminum tandem axle tank trailer. I don't know where it ended up, but I think I have pictures of it and the tanker. I was given Gilbersville's R190 International that pulled a tanker before the U models. It went to a concrete plant and now doesn't have a straight piece of metal on it.

As for PA Mack fire trucks, I have several. You should stop by and see them since you are near by. You can see some pictures in my gallery. I am having computer problems and am unable to post pictures right now. Mike

Man, somebody better get down to Grandview to that dirt track and see if there's a U model there. Thanks for the info Mike.

Man, somebody better get down to Grandview to that dirt track and see if there's a U model there. Thanks for the info Mike.

I used to go to Grandview..hasnt been there in years.

I never realized just how many MB fire trucks there were until i joined BMT......................................Mark

Back in the early 1970s when the "MB" model fire engine was introduced, many small, volunteer fire departments operated apparatus mounted on

commercial chassis such as Ford, GMC, IH, etc. The Mack "MB" was an entry into the "custom" fire apparatus world for these departments. Departments now

had an affordable engine that incorporated the safety of a jump seat plus other "big city" features. Later, these departments could move into Mack "CF"s,

Spartan, ALF, and other custom apparatus.

While the "MB" was a commercial chassis, Mack made the fire apparatus version a "custom" by adding fire department features such as dual ignitions, beefed

up suspensions, electrical systems, safety features, etc. required by the NFPA. This was also done to "custom" "R" model fire apparatus.

bulldogboy

post-146-0-05346600-1361121040_thumb.jpg

This picture taken late 60's when the Town of Holden MA just completed the work on this B60 and tank trailer for fire service.

It was an all volunteer department then and most or all the work was done by them, the now Captian scanned and colored this picture

for me. The fire station was across the street from the High School and this unit was parked on the lower level side door, and would

always see the chrome shell in the window riding the bus (68-71)

It was sold at auction in the 80's and the guy put a 237 and made a dump truck, He has the 464 and unishift trans ,which I posted for sale

awhile ago.

FW

1 person likes this

Thanks for showing these photo's. Nice to see them..

mike

OH MY GOD YOU DON'T KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM!!!!! Those are sweet!!!! Old style U's. Are these ones still around?

WOW! I'm with U Vinnie. Nice nice U's. Too bad they are lost into the world now.

Back in the late 1970s there were a few departments near me that had tractor trailer tankers with "U" model tractors. Wish that I had taken

pictures of them back then. They weren't very practical so were replaced by newer straight chassis tankers.

fifth wheel: the website; www.firenews.org has a section on N.E. fire apparatus past and present. Under Holden, MA they mention the Mack "B"

tanker but have no photo of it. Any chance that you could scan the Mack tanker photo to them? The webmaster is John Galla and he is always

looking for N.E. fire photos.

bulldogboy

the jersey guys really know how to put their tankers (now called tenders) together, we have some of the best looking truck in the country.

my favorite

3519670388_b7cd73ca01_b.jpg

It is one of my favorites too. I still say the R was the BEST looking Mack.

post-3804-0-84929000-1361491815.jpg

Exeter Township PA Tanker 25 a 2012 Granite wth 3,000 gallon tanker by Seagrave, 1,000 GPM Waterous pump.

1 person likes this

The Exeter rig has and MP8 455 with Bull Dog Leash and an Allison Automatic Trans.

Caught these on RT 7 in Danbury today

post-38-0-51699600-1365382224_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-19107600-1365382265_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-42277900-1365382290_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this