From above:

"Mack never made a B52 at all.. B53 yes"...

See the picture below- somebody better call Mack and tell them that the chinese counterfiters are back at work--

There are some records of this truck in the archives in Allentown- (this post has moved on from what it started from- this information has nothing to do with the truck for sale at the start of the thread)

Usually not a good idea to say "never" or "always" when talking about these old trucks- can come back to bite you.

post-56-0-33361700-1358361889_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-71326500-1358361928_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-02610600-1358362121_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Did fire trucks use a different system?All the B85's seem to be gassers.

Mack fire truck designations usually had to do with the pump size; e.g. B85s and C85s had 750 GPM pumps, B95s and C95s had 1,000 GPM pumps,

and B & C 125s had 1,250 GPM pumps. These models were usually gassers but later were available with diesel engines.

"The B-52s" were also a rock group; "Love Shack", etc.

bulldogboy

wow, didnt need to get that shoved down my throat. no books i have ever seen show a B52 or B522. sorry, guess your correct and im WRONG. happens. didnt think anything was in the 50's besides the original B50, the B53, B57. i stand corrected. what the hell engine would a 522 have ?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Didn't intend any insult- sorry about that.

I hauled it out of the woods for the current owner about 15 years ago- it had a Mack gas engine at the time, but I didn't pay any attention to what it was. Since then it has had a 673 and a quad added.

It is definitly a kitbash- before and after. I am doing some more research to see if there are full build sheets. Don and I did a quick search during Trucktoberfest and found some evidence of it as a B 52. I think a misstamp is a possibility. Couldn't get a good photo/ read on the frame stamp.