DigDug

Superliner Pumper

34 posts in this topic

Question - So the Superliner has a Mack eng, Mack trans, and Mack rears , why does it not have a Gold Bulldog on the hood? Or better yet , should it?

Question - So the Superliner has a Mack eng, Mack trans, and Mack rears , why does it not have a Gold Bulldog on the hood? Or better yet , should it?

I think it should. My U model when we got it had a short eared silver dog. I got a long eared gold one for it.

Many full Mack`s had the silver dawgs because some people liked the chrome more than gold , but as you can see GOLD is back ! My Mack is a full Mack that had a silver dawg and now I painted one GOLD to proudly instaled it on my hood and it looks a lot better ( my opinion) .

good luck with the Superliner , I would love to get one !!

Mack quit using gold dogs in the late 80s. My 92 had a chrome dog....corrected the error...now has a GOLD dog.

I'm shure that Superliner is good addition to your collection. Or more correctly to say, to your working order.

Have a fun with it!

I believe the gold bulldog was only factory installed on the V8 engined trucks. Of course you put whatever you want on your truck. Good luck with this baby, have a nice day

Paweł

The Gold Dog was originally for the Maxidyne, from about 1966 through to when Mack stopped using the Gold Dog, maybe mid 80's.

Around the early to mid 90's the Gold Dog started to re-appear on the Mack Elite range.

1966 to the 80's = Maxidyne equipped trucks.

Mid 90's to present = Elite range of trucks, all Mack built trucks, engine,gearbox and diffs.

The E6-350 is a Thermodyne, that is a Chrome Dog.

1 person likes this

Thanks for all the dog info ! Sounds like im leaving it chrome if that was the correct installation. doug