Chicago R models

That steel nose R is sweet!!! I have an HO scale B61 dump truck that says Edmier on the dump box. Its the same color scheme as that truck too, has a green dump box.

I have the same one too,Vinny! They are still around,although the name has changed for the trucking div.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

post-510-0-60992500-1355673824_thumb.jpgThe Axle & Equipment Sales Co. postcards I was referring to (in my "threat" to Trent),were a monthly "sales call" sent out by a local dump trailer manufacturer out of Naperville,Il.These were the premier dump trailer in the Chicagoland area for many years.Their sleek styling and heavy duty aluminum (or steel) construction,made them THE dump trailer of choice for many truckers & fleets.From what I remember they quit building them around 1990,or so.The company was sold,but the new owner has retained the name and provides parts & service out of a location in Batavia,Il. Here is a 1961 B-61 that belonged to my first boss,Richard E. Leach of Crystal lake,Il.This picture was to be used for an Axle & Equipment (or just Axle Equipment,as the locals say) postcard,but never made it as one (I don't know why?)

OH MY GOD AL!!!! THESE PICTURES ARE AWESOME!!!! KEEP POSTING THEM!!!! Any U models?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I believe at that time the 1674 (270hp) was popular and might have fit.I know a local excavator (who later went all-Mack) had some older Hendricksons powered by 1673s and 1674s.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I couldn't find any eastern R models with anything but a 3208 (R492) or a 3406(R754).They put 1674(RS/RL753) and 1693(RL/RS755) in the Western R's though.

Yeah,I think that was just a "joke" sticker on his hood.Didn't know if the 1674 would fit or not.Must have been a tad too long for the eastern 600'sHe was a all-Mack kind of guy anyway.Probably did that to pull someones chain!

Only had 3 pics. The damm was a ex cement truck converted to wrecker. Not sure where it was sold to they only had it for a few years. I think it was to much of a truck for what they needed. They run a big fleet of recovery units for the il tollway. Mostly on road rescue.

If I recall it was a 300 with a 6 speed.m

post-17-0-70572000-1356271838.jpg