Chicago R models

Celli had numerous B-42's and B-61's as well as R models. Sharp colors green/grey and red. Towards the end they had CH's and a few petes. I believe somewhere on this sight there is a picture of Mr Celli.

I think they still have Macks with cement trailors. It seems that Mr. Celli is in his eighties and still works everyday.

must be nice. dont see many R models in New York State runin anymore. the salt and rot and exporters have eaten most of them up.

Not alot farther north here Matt, but theres a few. You think theres more up here than down by you? We got Dougs blue R, Paverites got a whole fleet of R dumps like 10, Aiden loggin has like 4 Superliners, eh, I cant think of any more at the moment.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

seen quite a few R's and Dm's this past summer. never got any pics. Hanson did alot of painting, i mean paving. they grind the road down, put 1/16 of inch of blacktop back down and new stripes and call it good. dont seem to get to the road that need a lot of work tho. anyways Hanson has a few R models they run that never get washed and they also hire trucks. lots of older R's, even into the 70's. thats about it. rare to ever see a tractor anymore. see a few r models triaxles and dumps runnin around tho yet.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

the celli b model I took home I used everything but sheet metal,engine,trans,fuel tanks. I Sold most of those parts to mike. I later bought a rust free cab out in long island and used that cab. I sandblasted frame and axels on the celli truck and put in a non turbo 711 from a reliable wrecking b model I had bought a year before. Basicly I bought 2 b models in rough shape and put the best of both trucks into one.

The reliable wrecking truck I should have never bought. I was 20 years old and had the I can fix anything attitude. That truck had rust inside of rust ! Double frame, no floors ,cab was shot! Had a 711,quad 5.73 on camelback

The celli truck was n pretty good shape. has a single frame, budd axels and a 673 turbo with a quad with 5.73 on walking beam. I never tried to start it as my 711 was a good runner.

post-510-0-40020700-1355547540_thumb.jpgHeres another Chicago blast from the past.... Edmier ran a bunch of these back when I was a kid! :whistling: (Trent,don't make me break out my Axle Equipment postcards....I'll keep this thread going for a month!)
  • Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

post-510-0-40020700-1355547540_thumb.jpgHeres another Chicago blast from the past.... Edmier ran a bunch of these back when I was a kid! :whistling: (Trent,don't make me break out my Axle Equipment postcards....I'll keep this thread going for a month!)

WOW! an R with a steel nose! almost looks like a Brockway, boy ya don't see them anymore

BULLHUSK