Dodge cabover tractor

Yes Don was a "spokes person" for Dodge trucks in the late 60s and early 70s. There are a few commercials with Don on YouTube. I have an ad somewhere of Don with a cabover Dodge. I will post if and when I find it.

I remember that same ad,it was a picture of Don sitting in a cabover Dodge tractor,and it said something like "tell em' Don sent you"?..................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Well last week I took my yearly trip to Ohio in pursuit of the elusive whitetail. When coming into the town of Zaleski off of 278 and turning right where it meets 677, I spotted a Dodge cabover tractor, single axle. It was sitting in a yard of older equipment. If anyone was looking for one, it looked to be in good condition, don't know if it is for sale, but if anyone lives in that area, maybe they can do a little leg work and check it out. I wish i had taken a picture but was in a hurry to get in the woods because my first passion is whitetails, sorry.

How did you make out on your trip? ....... Any luck?

I had a magazine ad (but can't find it now), where Dodge had a promotion where they gave you a free pick-up truck with the purchase of a new diesel highway tractor. Seemed to me it was early 1970's. I guess it was too little - too late.

Doesn't say much for your product if it has to come with a chase vehicle in case it breaks down.

• Like 1

Thats actually not a bad looking truck! pretty rare to see a Dodge (even a new one) dressed up/polished like this one.............................................Mark

I think it would look even better if Dodge had exteded the fenders under the sleeper. It kinda looks as if something fell off.

Jim

And the auto companies owned the transporters and used their own make of truck to pull them.

There was also a major influence on the companies that worked for the auto companies. Companies like McLean here in NC hauled a lot of parts and material for GM. Their fleet was predominately GMC/Detroit.