MACKTRUCKS4

Dodge cabover tractor

66 posts in this topic

With The Duke riding shotgun

DodgeCOE.jpg

I saw this one at the Power Wagon rally in Fairfield,IA this summer,very nice.

Yes Don was a "spokes person" for Dodge trucks in the late 60s and early 70s. There are a few commercials with Don on YouTube. I have an ad somewhere of Don with a cabover Dodge. I will post if and when I find it.

I remember that same ad,it was a picture of Don sitting in a cabover Dodge tractor,and it said something like "tell em' Don sent you"?..................................................Mark

I remember my dad looked at a used cabover Dodge before he ended up buying a new White-Freightliner,dont remember much about it,other than it was detroit powered and looked a lot like this one........................Mark

post-5836-0-40931400-1353812556_thumb.jp

like this?

post-1374-0-06731500-1353720000_thumb.jp

Now THATS about the only kind of "rack" i'd have ant interest in! woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!........................Mark

here you go-

wow! Those things are rare!!

Tom

With The Duke riding shotgun

DodgeCOE.jpg

I saw this truck at a show out by Liverpool NY.

This was taken at Cortland a few years back...

Yup, I see the Brockway museum, and a couple Brocks in the background. I think this had a Cummins didnt it?

January1972DodgeAd.jpg

Thats actually not a bad looking truck! pretty rare to see a Dodge (even a new one) dressed up/polished like this one.............................................Mark

Yup, I see the Brockway museum, and a couple Brocks in the background. I think this had a Cummins didnt it?

I believe it did..

I had a magazine ad (but can't find it now), where Dodge had a promotion where they gave you a free pick-up truck with the purchase of a new diesel highway tractor. Seemed to me it was early 1970's. I guess it was too little - too late.

Well last week I took my yearly trip to Ohio in pursuit of the elusive whitetail. When coming into the town of Zaleski off of 278 and turning right where it meets 677, I spotted a Dodge cabover tractor, single axle. It was sitting in a yard of older equipment. If anyone was looking for one, it looked to be in good condition, don't know if it is for sale, but if anyone lives in that area, maybe they can do a little leg work and check it out. I wish i had taken a picture but was in a hurry to get in the woods because my first passion is whitetails, sorry.

How did you make out on your trip? ....... Any luck?

I had a magazine ad (but can't find it now), where Dodge had a promotion where they gave you a free pick-up truck with the purchase of a new diesel highway tractor. Seemed to me it was early 1970's. I guess it was too little - too late.

Doesn't say much for your product if it has to come with a chase vehicle in case it breaks down.

1 person likes this

Doesn't say much for your product if it has to come with a chase vehicle in case it breaks down.

Old style road side assistance !!!

thank you for sharing those old souvenirs !!!

Thats actually not a bad looking truck! pretty rare to see a Dodge (even a new one) dressed up/polished like this one.............................................Mark

I think it would look even better if Dodge had exteded the fenders under the sleeper. It kinda looks as if something fell off.

I kinda miss when the auto makers made Class 8 trucks used to go to our local Ford dealer and get brochures of L9000`s and such

1 person likes this

I kinda miss when the auto makers made Class 8 trucks used to go to our local Ford dealer and get brochures of L9000`s and such

And the auto companies owned the transporters and used their own make of truck to pull them.

And the auto companies owned the transporters and used their own make of truck to pull them.

There was also a major influence on the companies that worked for the auto companies. Companies like McLean here in NC hauled a lot of parts and material for GM. Their fleet was predominately GMC/Detroit.

That's how I remember it.

Anchor Motor Freight-GMC 9500's

Nu Car Carriers-Ford Louisvilles

M&G Convoy-Dodge CNT 900's