Dodge cabover tractor

Well last week I took my yearly trip to Ohio in pursuit of the elusive whitetail. When coming into the town of Zaleski off of 278 and turning right where it meets 677, I spotted a Dodge cabover tractor, single axle. It was sitting in a yard of older equipment. If anyone was looking for one, it looked to be in good condition, don't know if it is for sale, but if anyone lives in that area, maybe they can do a little leg work and check it out. I wish i had taken a picture but was in a hurry to get in the woods because my first passion is whitetails, sorry.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

A buddy of mine just rescued a former auto-carrier-turned- grain body day cab Dodge cabover.Why? We're still trying to figure that out! :loldude: ('cause he likes old trucks,thats why!)

post-510-0-24116100-1353727577_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I just typed "zaleski" in on google earth, I didn't even put the state, and it went right there and they had street view. I love google earth!

I typed in the intersection and it left me at a fork in the road north of town. I had to mouse-click my way south to the correct location.

Here are a couple of G-rated brochures from the 70's.

http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_brochures/dodge/dodge_heavy_duty/

http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_brochures/dodge/dodge_heavy_duty-1/

Jim

Didn't Don Knotts do the Dodge truck commercials in the 70`s?

Yes Don was a "spokes person" for Dodge trucks in the late 60s and early 70s. There are a few commercials with Don on YouTube. I have an ad somewhere of Don with a cabover Dodge. I will post if and when I find it.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"