Mid-Russia weekend trip or new vehicle in a garage.

Vladislav

Beautiful Macks and country! The country side looks different than I imagined.

Thanks Vlad, great story and pictures. Like 41 chevy said, it looks way different than I thought. That could pass for many places in the U.S. People are pretty much the same all over, and want the same things, just the gummint is different.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

This country side is typical for some thouthands km in the Eastern part of Russia and the same area from the Noth to the South. There is a tundra in 1500 km Noth from my habitation and rocks of Kaukas on the South in nearly the same 1500. I have never been in the eastern part, there is probably more forests and less roads. Anyway the country is great in the size.

I'm traveling mostly in West Europe last years. Good roads, nice view sides, friendly people and less expensive life! I'm thinking about big trip in the direction East, at least upto the lake of Baikal, the biggest one on the planet, nearly 1000 km in length. And maybe will do it with Mack. Why do I have the truck with a sleeper?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

This country side is typical for some thouthands km in the Eastern part of Russia and the same area from the Noth to the South. There is a tundra in 1500 km Noth from my habitation and rocks of Kaukas on the South in nearly the same 1500. I have never been in the eastern part, there is probably more forests and less roads. Anyway the country is great in the size.

I'm traveling mostly in West Europe last years. Good roads, nice view sides, friendly people and less expensive life! I'm thinking about big trip in the direction East, at least upto the lake of Baikal, the biggest one on the planet, nearly 1000 km in length. And maybe will do it with Mack. Why do I have the truck with a sleeper?

Take photos! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I need some special optic to see Alaska.

It's in 8000 km away :)

My Dutch friends invites me to keep his company next summer to follow Alaska Highway.

Not shure though it will real for me.

Vlad, here's a photo for you. Paul

stgermaineincanada2JPG.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Vlad very interesting post and pictures. Keep them coming.Are parts avaible for your Macks and reasonable? Joe D.

Joe,

Here are no Mack dealers. The nearest two are in Holland and Azerbaijan (not far from Iran??).

Some American truck parts suppliers exists, they ready to import but hasn't Mack part lists.

I bought two mirrors having numbers from Mack online accessoru catalog.

These two trucks lived so long due to another two "brothers" that were taken apart.

The last one I bought has very good die-hard owner. He rebuit the engine at least twice and did many others on it. He really loved it. He drove all the four during the years. I heared so many stories about so it looked to me like whole a life. As I wrote I discussed with him during a year.

So finding parts and other works on Macks is a serious adventure.

I like it !

I miss Russia after seeing your photos. I think these were Fracmaster trucks.

Not shure about Fracmaster but they're definitely of St.Germain.

What did you miss in Russia?

Vlad