james j neiweem

Mack F model

14 posts in this topic

Saw a nice looking Mack Western F model on Truck trader. Silver or grey with long wheelbase. Only draw back Detroit 8-71. Price is right though

2500 dollars. Sell the 8-71 and repower with Mack power Interior looks premium. Then again keep the 8-71 if you like the sound. :twothumbsup:

1 person likes this

It certainly looks like it's worth the $2600, from the pictures at least. The aftermarket upholstery in the sleeper looks good, I'd like to see what they did with the rest of the interior.

Can you post a link to the site... thanks!!!!

BC Mack

Gotta be something wrong? What am I missing?!? Price seems to good to be true!

Still has 5 hole budds up front? That is priced RIGHT!

That truck is beautiful!!!!! I considered calling on it. Then reality set in. That $2600 toy could turn into a $10,000 nightmare real quick driving back to the eastcoast. You would be "different" rolling that around.

That truck is beautiful!!!!! I considered calling on it. Then reality set in. That $2600 toy could turn into a $10,000 nightmare real quick driving back to the eastcoast. You would be "different" rolling that around.

My brother and i are leaving in the morning to drive out there to look at it, kinda like a mini vacation. good time to go see our sister in Prosper,TX. it does look good for the money. Ron

b61mack

make sure you report in after you see it.. I too was tempted, requested photos etc... then reality set in as it was too far to trek...

hope you strike a deal, it needs a bit of fixing from what I could see from the photos but not bad given the lean supply of tidy F models. Don't forget the earplugs for the drive home!!.

I will keep my eyes open for a Cruiseliner or Ultraliner nearer to me...

BC Mack

wow that thing looks excellant...bob

If my eyes didn't deceive me, I saw that truck rolling east on Rt. 40 in New Mexico. Headed to a new home no doubt. Saw it Wed. Apr. 25th.

Looked good rollin' down the road.

Did it hav a alummin frame?

Did it hav a alummin frame?

It has a steel frame. my nephew bought it, my brother and i just went to pick it up. Ron